• Name: Adel Abd El-Azim Mohamed
• Date of birth: 12/1/1975
• Address: Elhagiza – El-Senbelawin – El-Daqahliya -
• Nationality: Egyptian.
• Phone no: (002) 050-4634218 & 0096569070545
• Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Certificate: PHD in progress, M.sc Master's
degree in petrophysics – faculty of science Mansoura
Uni. Dec. 2004.
B.Sc. of Geophysics – faculty of science
– Mansoura Uni. May 1998.
• Estimate: Good. (73%)
Over than 15 years of experience as a petrophysicist in the oil
and gas industry in various companies in the Egypt ,
Edinburgh, Sudan and Kuwait. My experience ranges from
geological description to open hole and cased hole log
interpretation using state of the art computing techniques.
Involvement in drilling wells from initial prognosis to final log
interpretation and future follow up through monitoring. Sharing
Build up property model of many fields.
2. work as part time consultant for both Schlumberger and Petzed
Schlumberger SIS as a consultant petrophysicist for Agrodded
Field at Sudan country, by using probablistic method. job don
here at Egypt as integrated team including Area Geologist,
Reservoir Eng, and area Geophysicist. final resulats was
Working as a part time for Petzed company (Exploration
company), Evaluating Nukhul, and Mutula formation at the
South Abu Zenima concession (Gulf Of Suez area).
Carry out petrophysical analysis for Rudies Formation at Soth
Shoukar concession (Gulf Of Suez area).
Evaluating Matulla, and Nukhul Fm. All over the South Abu
Zenima concession by using the conventional logs and compare
the the results with the available core results.
made petrophysical properties map , for all previous reservoirs
(clastics and carbonates reservoirs)
carry outcorrelation for Kareem and Rudies formation all over
the South Shoukar concession.
Oct. 15, 2008 up to now.
Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) Senior Petrophysicist
Great Burgan study field.
• Re-Evaluate Mauddud Fm.(Carbonate Reservoir) by
using Techlog Multimin technique.
• Using Techlog to define rock typing of Great Burgan
• Carry out re-evaluation of Middle Marrat (Carbonate
• Evaluate secondary porosity of Maudud and Middle
Marrat carbonates reservoirs.
3. • Carry out a lot of Burgan (Wara, 3SD,and 4SD)
• Using flow zone indicator method to estimate
permeability and compare it with deterministic
permeability and core permeability (Midle Marrat Fm.)
• Picking the current OWC by using TDT or RST cased
tools, and compare with the previous Sigma mode to
evaluate the water contact movement (Greater Burgan
• Complete analysis of PNC, and determine the Sw then
compared with wireline Sw ( Great Burgan Field)
• Processing sonic ( Wave form data), either mono or
dipole sonic by using Geolog software.
• Using facimage module to determine the permeability
then compare it with core and deterministic one.
• Carry out conventional core program including preserved
• Carry out Filab(Wara Fm.) project by using Techlog
• Selecting all Wara injectors wells perforations, define
selective and single well completion with PE depending
on Permeability and pressure trends.
• Follow up and evaluating horizontal well campaign of
Burgan field. well placement and evaluation uncertainty.
• Evaulauting Minagish carbonate reservoir by using multi
4. • Integration between core results and logs for determine
proper rock types for Burgan field.
• Using MREX for determine heavy oil zone and
integrating with ADT for determine movable portion
• Sigma interpretation, estimating predicted, and follow up
sigma time lap of Burgan field.
Sep. 01, 2005 till Oct. 15, 2008
Melrose Petroleum Company (British Oil Co.) Senior
Petrophysicist . Mansoura Development areas, Onshore,
- Work as team leader for SW El Mansora area.
- Carry out static model of West Dikirnis, El Tamad field by
Using Petrel software.
- Senior Petrophysicist . Mansoura Development areas,
Melrose Petroleum Company (British Oil Co.)
Pre-Drilling Phase: Design and optimize logging program
for petrophysical contribution to well prognosis including
wireline and LWD requirements for pilot and horizontal
holes. Estimate logging coast.
5. Drilling Phase: Follow-up and remote witnessing logs
through real time data transimtion (RTDT), faxes and e-mail
to ensure Log Quality Control. Cont’d design and follow up
MDT program for pressure measurements and fluid
sampling. Provide Geo-steering advice for Operation
Geologist during the drilling of horizontal drains.
Post-Drilling Phase: Load all digital data into Geoframe
and display all logging data for quality control check and
compare to hard copies. Complete the interpretation for the
reservoir zones using ELAN & IP software. Prepare raw and
interpreted data in LAS format for loading to Finder.
Prepares overall well log integrity program such Cement
evaluation, Corrosion evaluation logs as well as on side
advisor, quick look interpretation and recommend corrective
Prepare team petrophysics reports for different fields
(ARPR, data book, etc).
Supervise and help interpret production logs (FSI) which
includes x-y Caliper, Temprature, Pressuer, Spinner sensors
water and gas modules with Sigma from RST/RPM.
Supervise SCAL study for many wells.
Coach/mentor a new trainee on basic logging and log data
- Follow up all the operation geology of the wells at El
Mansoura concession & Qantara, Follow up and supervise
all the wireline logging issue, and make petrophysical quick
6. - Working with El Mansoura (onshore Nile Delta,Egypt)
development team. As a petrophysicist and follow up all
witness all the wireline logging , selecting the best points of
the MDT and sampling also selecting the sidewall core
points, make a composite logs for the wells by using RSI
software, and make a final well reports for the wells.
Evaluating the wells by using IP , Interactive Petrophysical
software (Schlumberger software).
- Carry out a lot of the well recommendations with the area
geologist, and the area Geophysicist.
- Revise all the reports and logs copies from the services
- Carry out the technical and the commercial stages for the
Mud log and the Wire line tenders.
- Revise all the invoices of the Wireline and the Mud logging.
- Carry out the petrophysical analysis for Sidi Salim Fm. all
over El Tamade field (oil & Gas field).
- Carry out the petrophysical evaluation of El Tamad, West
Dikirnis, and South Batra Field by using the Mineral solver
approach. Then carry out mapping of the reservoir
- Team leader of SW area Prospect generation (El Mansoura
Con.), and carry out West Dikirnis horizontal well project
with Drilling and Reservoir department.
- work as part time consultant for both Schlumberger and
7. - Schlumberger SIS as a consultant petrophysicist for
Agrodded Field at Sudan country, by using probablistic
method. job don here at Egypt as integrated team including
Area Geologist, Reservoir Eng, and area Geophysicist. final
resulats was discussed @Sudan.
- Working as a part time for Petzed company (Exploration
company), Evaluating Nukhul, and Mutula formation at the
South Abu Zenima concession (Gulf Of Suez area).
- Carry out petrophysical analysis for Rudies Formation at
Soth Shoukar concession (Gulf Of Suez area).
- Evaluating Matulla, and Nukhul Fm. All over the South Abu
Zenima concession by using the conventional logs and
compare the the results with the available core results.
- made petrophysical properties map , for all previous
reservoirs (clastics and carbonates reservoirs)
- carry outcorrelation for Kareem and Rudies formation all
over the South Shoukar concession.
- Carry out pore pressure calculation of West Dikirnis field
and South East El Mansoura Field (Onshore Nile Delta) by
using sonic and resistivity logs, and calibrating with DXP
Feb. 02, 2004 till Sep. 01, 2005
- Centurion Petroleum Company,
It's a Canadian Exploration and production Company work
onshore Nile Delta .I worked as Operations geologist for
Gelgel-2 & Gelge-3 & El Wastani-3ST & El Wastani East-2 &
8. and El Wastani-4 and other wells.Carry out petrophysical
Evaluation for all over surronding Gelgel field (Gas field).
-Carry out the petrophysical evaluation of Gelgel and wastani
filds by using Elan statistic model then carry out mapping of
the reservoir summations results.
-QC all LWD and Wireline logs, loading and Editing if need,
make enviromintal corrections and Normalizing for some wells
Jan. 01, 2000 till Feb. 02, 2004
- Rashpetco Company (BG-Egypt JV), Petrophysicist and
- Using Recall and Elan softwares to wireline logs analysis.
- Working as wellsite for more than 25 exploratory and
development wells in Rosetta and WDDM offshore
concessions for BG and Rashpetco.
- Performing Master on petrophysics, the title of the
master is (El-wastani reservoirs evaluation by using
- Evaluating Simian field in West Delta Deep Marine( Ten
wells) by using Recall software, using the conventional data
(Gamma ray, Neutron & Density, Resistivity) first as
primary evaluation, Second steep using the high technology
tools like CMR and FMI, Third steep using the integration
of conventional and high technology data to get the best
results. This method of reservoir evaluation is the best for
thin beds detection.
9. - Designing the wire line logging program and witness the
logging on rig site or by using the interact technology.
- Carry out shale study for El Wastani reservoir’s shale at
Rosetta offshore field. This study explain the type of shale
and how it does affect on the effective porosity of the
reservoir , and confirmed that by the maps of petrophysical
parameters distribution all over the area. I used the dia-
porosity cross plot from the density and neutron for shale
type identification. And also this study identify the shale’s
minerals types by using the spectrometry gamma ray ratios.
- Correcting the CMR gas effect in house by using Recall
- Working as petrophysicist with the integrated team work
contains reservoir eng, area geologist, area geophysicist for
scarab saffron field
- Carry out correlation for the Rosetta field (P1) by using the
conventional logs, and compare the results with the net and
net pay maps allover the area.
Oct. 01, 1999 till Dec. 31, 1999
- Training three months in GPC at geophysics Department.
- Computer Skills:
Operating systems and environments:
Solaris, AIX, Unix, OpenWorks, GeoFrame,
DOS 6.22, and Windows 2000, NT.
MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access).
10. Elan Plus, Geology Office, Stratlog, Recall (Baker Petroph.
• Introduction to UNIX operating system
• Elan , GeoQuest (Schlumberger), Cairo, 2- 10 May 2001.
• Winlog , HRH, Cairo, 12-17 July 2002
• Recall, Baker atlas, Cairo, 15-20 Jun. 2002
• HSE course Helicopter and First AID escape in the arab
for science and technology And maritime transport.
• Overpressure in petroleum systems and Geopressure
prediction ,Geopressure technology,Dr.Richard., Rashpetco,
• Production logs evaluation, Schlumberger from 4th
• Interactive petrophysics (IP), Schlumberger from 15th
• Essential petrophysics, Edinburgh, BGL, from 6 May – 12
• Petrel (Modling software), Schlumberger from 15th
• Merak Peep Fundamentals course, Schlumberger from 29
– 31 May 2007.
• Geolog 6.7(Paradigm petrophysic software), 15 – 19 Feb.
11. • Advanced cased hole log; Gulf training co., Kuwait from
1 – 5 Nov. 2009
• Overcoming petrophysical challenges in middleeast
reservoirs. 25- 27 Oct. 2010, Dubai
• Techlog (Petrophysic interpretation software),
Schlumberger, Kuwait, from 12 – 16th
• Coring, and core analysis, Petroskills, PTC Kuwait, from
• Downhole Analysis and Laboratory Analysis, Key
Complementary Techniques for a Comprehensive and
Effective Fluid Characterization, SPE 164239, MEOS
Bahrain. (Technical Speaker)
• Real time well placement: A successful collaborative
operation center of multidisciplinary team and decision
making., GEOBahrain 2016 CO-Author 2309476.
• Applications of multi frequency dielectric and nuclear
magnetic resonance diffusion measurements in the Burgan
field, Kuwait. SPE-175308-MS, Kuwait SPE
Reading, Computer science, and swimming