1. ESCUELA : PONENTE : BIMESTRE : SYNTAX CICLO : INGLES I BIMESTRE Dra. Rosario Burneo ABRIL – AGOSTO 2007
2. LANGUAGE languge is a social, cultural and psychological phenomenon that serves the purpose of communication among human beings
3. LINGUISTICS Linguistics can be defined as the study of human language in all its manifestations.
4. Linguistics focuses on different aspects of the language, such as: Word formation and inflection; (Morphology); Sounds (Phonology). Structure (Syntax). Meaning (Semantics), and The relationship between language use and society (Pragmatics).
9. Core Sentence Patterns Core sentence patterns are basic strings of words that express meaning and have an associated structural description called Base Phrase Marker.
10. Core Sentence Patterns A Base Phrase Marker is a tree diagram used to show the structure of phrases, clauses and sentences in a graphic way.
18. The Noun Phrase 2. Pronominal refers to personal pronouns. Lupe believes that she is beautiful. 3. Lexical noun phrases include all other noun phrases. The students Marco Reyes
25. Types of Noun Phrases 1. Elementary noun phrases introduced by determiners: This cat The moon 2. Elementary noun phrases introduced by genitives: Mike’s car Your house 3. Noun phrases introduced by quantity words: Some workers Much water
36. LIFE IS 10% OF WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU, AND 90% OF HOW YOU RESPOND TO IT THANK YOU God bless you