The ‘Tesla’ motors proposed a fifth mode of transportation
called the ‘HYPERLOOP’.
It proposed next contender in high speed transportation and
simplified energy analysis is performed.
It is Evacuated Tube Technology by using capsules or pods to
travel in medium-pressure environment as opposed to difficult
to maintain vacuum environment.
Hyper loop means for direct travel between two places such as
city pairs . Its not meant to stop along the way with multiple
destination instead to focus between two major cities.
Technically Hyper loop is electromagnetic gun , “ shooting a
shuttle ; the running electromagnetic dispersion a capsule with
peoples to supersonic speed up to 1130 kmph.
5. Literature Review
 In July 2012 E. Musk first mentioned that he was thinking about a concept
for a "fifth mode of transport", calling it the Hyper loop.
 In May 2013, Musk likened the hyper loop to a "cross between a Concorde
and a rail gun and an air hockey table.
 The MIT Hyper loop team developed the first Hyper loop pod prototype,
which they unveiled at the MIT museum on May 13, 2016.
 On january,2017 Hyper loop one also has a feasibility study underway with
Dubai's Roads and Transport Authority for passenger systems in the UAE.
 On January 29, 2017, approximately one year after winning phase one of
the Hyper loop pod competition, the MIT Hyper loop pod demonstrated the
first ever low pressure Hyper loop run in the world.
 HTT are also in process to sign a Letter of Intent with the Indian
Government for a proposed route between Chennai and Bangalore. If things
go as planned, the distance of 345 km could be covered in 30 minutes.
“ Hyper loop is a new technology, yet the idea behind it is perfectly
feasible within our understanding of physics and implementation would
not require any new technology.”
“ For fast transportation due to presence of vacuum energy the high
speed rail transportation occurs up to the speed of ( 1130 Kmph) by
using vacuum capsule is Called Hyper loop Transportation.”
9. Components Of Hyper loop
1) Capsule :-
- Sealed capsules carrying 28 passengers each that travel
along the interior of the tube depart on average every 2
minute from los Angeles to San Francisco.
- A large system has also been sized that allow transport of 3
full size automobiles with passenger to travel in the capsule.
- The capsules are separated within the tube by approximately
23 miles ( 37 Km ) on average during operation.
- The capsules are supported via air bearing that operate using
a compressed air reservoir and aerodynamic lift.
10. Components Of Hyper loop System
2) Tube :-
- The tube is made of steel. Two tubes will be welded together in a
side by side configuration to allow the capsules to travel both
- Pylon are placed every 100 ft ( 30 m ) to support the tube.
- Solar array will cover the top of the tubes in order to provide power
to the system.
3) Propulsion :-
- Linear accelerators are constructed along the length of tube at
various location to accelerate the capsule.
- Stators are located on the capsule to transfer momentum to the
capsule via the linear accelerator.
11. Components Of Hyper loop
4) Route :-
- There will be a station at Los Angeles and San Francisco .
- Several stations along the way will be possible with split in the tube.
- The majority of route will follow 1-5 and the tube constructed in
Fig.(2) :- Route Of Hyper loop System
Fig (3) :- Working Principle Of Hyper loop Technology
-In this case, the movement of trains will be carried out by electromagnetic effect
‘sole’ of structure with ways .
-The vehicle is driven by a pneumatic propulsion system which convert electrical
power into air flow and transmit thrust directly to the vehicle without gears or
inventing electric circuit.
-Stationary electrical blowers, located close to passenger stations to produce the
necessary pressurized air , which generated according to the desired vehicle
acceleration rate and speed .
-The elevated guide way can accommodate gradients up to 12%, and tight horizontal
curves with radii as low 25 meters.
13. Risk And Safety Measures
Onboard Passenger Emergency.
Capsule Stranded in tube.
Human Related Accidents.
- Lower Trasmission cost.
- More convenient.
- Comfortable to weather .
- Sustainably self-powering.
-Resistance to Earthquakes.
-Not Disruptive to route.
High Initial Cost.
Limitation on luggage.
Its Stops From One Station to Second Station without
Limitation Of Seating Arrangement.
High Skill Operator Requires.
18. Feature Scope
1. More expansion on the control mechanism for
Hyperloop capsules, including attitude thruster or control
2. Detailed station designs with loading and unloading of
both passenger and passenger plus vehicle versions of the
3. Trades comparing the costs and benefits of Hyperloop
with more conventional magnetic levitation systems.
4. Sub-scale testing based on a further optimized design to
demonstrate the physics of Hyperloop.
“Theoretical evacuated tube technology and came to
the conclusion that the Hyperloop is feasible and if
properly designed, has the potential to be much more
ancient in terms of energy usage of pods traversing
down the tube. The Hyperloop has the potential to be
the next breakthrough in High Speed Transport.”
1. E. Musk. “Hyperloop Alpha.” Tesla. 08.12.2013.
2. F.Aboukhadijeh.“The Transportation Revolution.”
3. R. Palacin. “Hyperloop, the Electrification of Mobility,
and the Future of Rail Travel.” IEEE
5. P. Ross. “Hyperloop: No Pressure.” IEEE. 12.29.2015.