2. About Hemingways Expeditions...
- Combining over 50 years experience in designing & operating both
scheduled and fully-custom safaris & tours in East Africa
- With on-the-ground operations in Nairobi and Arusha, Hemingways
Expeditions is the trusted authority that our partners in travel count
on for our unmatched safari product knowledge, expertise and
connections across East Africa.
- Their deep, long-standing relationships with the region’s top guides
and safari properties ensure that your clients will be in the very best
of hands as they experience the rich and vibrant diversity of East
- Each member of the team is driven by one overriding goal—to
design a dream-come-true journey for every guest in East Africa.
3. What’s On Offer?
• The world’s most
planning team in East Africa.
• Enhanced internal itinerary
• State of the art processes
offer trade partners immediate
responses and detailed
• Enhanced safari planning
team focused on personal
relationships with international
4. What to Expect:
- They are always up-to-date on new
properties, new safari experiences,
the latest trends in East African
social issues, and more.
- They provide information, insight,
and recommendations to partners in
a variety of ways online, most
importantly on their blog.
- They embody the authentic charm
and passion for classic safari
experiences that have made East
Africa the best safari destination for
over 100 years.
- Their team is down to earth,
knowledgeable, accessible, and
6. Sample Kenya Itinerary:
- Day 1: Arrival in Nairobi
- Accommodations: House of Waine
- Days 2-3: Meru National Park
- Accommodations: Elsa’s Kopje
- Days 4-6: Laikipia Plateau
- Accommodations: Ol Malo Lodge
- Days 7-9: Masai Mara NR
- Accommodations: Hemingways Ol Seki Mara Camp
- Day 10: Nairobi/ Journey Home
- Including game drives and other safari activities
7. Sample Tanzania Itinerary:
- Day 1: Arrival in Arusha
- Accommodations: Arusha Coffee Lodge
- Days 2-3: Tarangire National Park
- Accommodations: Tarangire Tree Tops
- Days 2-3 (Alternative): Lake Manyara National Park
- Accommodations: Lake Manyara Tree Lodge
- Days 4-6: Ngorongoro Crater National Park
- Accommodations: The Manor at Ngorongoro
- Days 7-9: Serengeti National Park
- Accommodations: Serengeti Migration Camp
- Days 10-14: Zanzibar Island
- Accommodations: The Palms
- Day 15: Journey home
8. Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do you pay commissions?
- We quote all services to qualified trade partners in NET rates, so you can add on your desired
commission on your side. Payments can be made to the Nairobi office via wire transfer.
- Can you help organize Fam trips?
- Absolutely. To make the most of the Fam experience, we typically work one-on-one with our
trade partners to create custom Fam trips, vs. group trips. Please contact the Nairobi office, or one of
our representatives in the US or Europe, to discuss your Fam objectives and complete a Fam Request
Form. From there we will discuss options and work to get you reduced rates through our partners for
your Fam experience.
- Can travelers book direct with Hemingways Expeditions?
- No. If you are a traveler, please contact us and we’ll put you in touch with a travel agent or tour
operator who will work together with our team in Nairobi to create an outstanding safari experience for
you in East Africa.
- What type of vehicles do you use?
- We own 4 Toyota Land Cruisers with extended bodies, the most comfortable and safe safari
vehicles available today. These vehicles are used in both Kenya and Tanzania. We also own a fleet of
smaller safari vans for use on longer driving itineraries in Kenya. The majority of our travelers in Kenya
experience flying safaris, so when not flying from park to park guests utilize safari vehicles and guides
associated with the individual camps.