As the author of “Big Data in Healthcare Hype and Hope,” Dr. Feldman has interviewed over 180 emerging tech and healthcare companies, always asking, “How can your new approach help patients?” Her research shows that data, as an enabling tool, has the power to give us critical new insights into not only what causes disease, but what comprises normal. Despite this promise, few patients have reaped the benefits of personalized medicine. A panel of leading big data innovators will discuss the evolving health data ecosystem and how big data is being leveraged for research, discovery, clinical trials, genomics, and cancer care. Case studies and real-life examples of what’s working, what’s not working, and how we can help speed up progress to get patients the right care at the right time will be explored and debated.
• Bonnie Feldman, DDS, MBA - Chief Growth Officer, @DrBonnie360
• Colin Hill - CEO, GNS Healthcare
• Jonathan Hirsch - Founder & President, Syapse
• Andrew Kasarskis, PhD - Co-Director, Icahn Institute for Genomics & Multiscale Biology; Associate Professor, Genetics & Genomic Studies, Icaahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai
• William King - CEO, Zephyr Health
New York eHealth Collaborative Digital Health Conference
November 18, 2014