• Priority questions
• Balancing life
• Desire work
• Strategies For Work Life Balance
If most important point 3
If important point 2
If just give priority point 1
What do you prefer?
• Work–life balance is a broad concept
including proper prioritizing between “work”
(career and ambition) on one hand and “life”
(Health, pleasure, leisure, family and spiritual
development) on the other. Related, though
broader, terms include “lifestyle balance” and
• Work is about a search for daily meaning as
well as daily bread, for recognition as well as
cash, for astonishment rather than torpor, in
short, for a sort of life – rather than a
Monday through Friday sort of dying…”
Reasons Why Staff Leave
• Staff leave organisation for many reasons such as career
advancement, better job opportunities and retirement,
these departures may be difficult to prevent.
• However, another reason staff leave their jobs,
particularly women is to find a better work life balance.
• These include flexible working hours, time off or leave
arrangement, a lack of access to suitable childcare
• Undue stress and tension in the workplace which make
working life more difficult and unpleasant.
Strategies For Work Life
• DEMOGRAPHICS: According to Australian
bureau of statistics in 2001, one in three working
adults suffer from work- related stress.
• In the world of globalization, economic
rationalization, downsizing and longer shift
hours there is no getting away from stress, it is
the way you deal with it that counts.
• Getting the balance right is a challenge to every
organsation and individuals.
Strategies For Work Life
Balance For Employers
• It is the responsibility of all employers to protect their employees to
achieve a better balance between work, family and life commitments.
• This can be achieved by creating a positive work life balance”
thinking” by treating staff as adults who are balancing their work
• Be positive about making flexible changes in the work place in all
aspects of employee relations.
• Create a work life balance policy which enable all employees to
balance work and family responsibilities..
Retention and Attraction
• To retain staff and better work life, there is need to provide:
• Flexible working hours and consultative rostering arrangement to all
employees including managers and supervisors.
• Flexible leave arrangements and purchased leave as well as extended
leave without pay.
• Introduce leave in single days.
• Increase job mobility within wards and transfer between hospitals,
work areas and health services
• Improving safety wellbeing and respect for all employees in
• To keep our life balance in all aspects such as
work,love,health,pleasure,family and career
• Must use of time as its most valuable resource
• Managing stress
• The need to provide flexibility, awareness and