Deep-crustal breaks that often become syntectonic volcanic
centers because they localize the magmatic material, thus
becoming an elongated volcanic and plutonic center that intrudes
existing fault zones and provides the thermodynamic energy to
drive mineralized fluids
Increase in brecciation and the number of faults with a net
decrease in the average fault slip within the accommodation zone
Localized compressional stress regime forms anticlinal
culminations located structurally up-dip from the normal faults it
separates or "accommodates" on either side
4. Diagrammatic representation of opposite polarity tilt patterns in extensional
terrenes as separated by a strike-slip or transfer fault (A) or an accommodation zone
5. Landsat TM 741 color composite image of the southern Colorado River
illustrating extensional faults and the newly interpreted accommodation zone.
7. Valuable data for the planning and
• The advantage of creating large scale area maps which allows them to
examine in single scenes or in mosaics the geological portrayal of Earth
on a regional basis.
• The ability to analyze multispectral bands quantitatively in terms of
numbers permits them to apply special image processing techniques to
discern and enhance certain compositional properties of Earth materials.
• The capability of merging different types of remote sensing products
(e.g., reflectance images with radar or with thermal imagery) or
combining these with topographic elevation data (DEMs) and with other
kinds of information bases (e.g., thematic maps; geophysical
measurements and chemical sampling surveys) enables views of existing
or planning of proposed mines.
• Mapping subregional surface geology.
• Creating field exploration maps with detailed views of access roads.
• Oil and gas exploration activities for large areas
require airborne magnetic or ground gravity surveys
to facilitate detailed geological interpretations for
• By utilizing orthorectified high resolution satellite
image data and Digital Terrain Models (DTMs)
generated from Stereo Satellite or Airborne sensors,
SIC delivers detailed computer visualization
environments for desktop programs such as ArcGIS
9.x with Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst with
DSM/DEM posting intervals from 3m to 90m.
20. utch Harbor - ArcScene 3D Terrain Computer Environment - IKONOS and
• Literature Survey and data Collection
• Image interpretation and creation of spatial database
• Field Reconnaissance
• Ground truthing for spatial database
• Finalization of the spatial database
• Field Work
• Spatial Analysis of Data
• Recommended recharge structures