1. Srinivas Pendam
A certified SAS® and Mainframe professional with 15 years of experience in Information Technology industry. A self-
starter with a strong customer-service orientation, a high level of technical competence, and outstanding
• A certified SAS® and Mainframe professional with15 years of experience in Information
• A self-starter with a strong customer-service orientation, a high level of technical competence, and
outstanding communication skills
• Project lead and Software Developer with 15 years of experience in organizing, designing, and
implementing complex software systems for a variety of applications.
• Possess creative problem solving capabilities and the administrative skills to plan and coordinate multiple
projects successfully within a given timeframe.
• Supporting data for U.S. Licensed Retail Financial Advisors & their agencies data and maintaining
data for Series 6 or Series 7 licensing exams that was administered by Financial Industry
Regulatory Authority (FINRA) .
• Fifteen plus years of IT experience (USA), with nine years at TATA Consultancy Services Inc (TCS)
• Excellent knowledge of industry standard methodologies like Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC),
CMM, etc, Assisting PWC Audit and FDA regulations
• Cost Cuttings, Low Client Server/Mainframe operational costs established using Six sigma and many pro-
active initiatives were incorporated, like the root-causing and the permanent fix of the job failures to aid in
the abend ratio reduction.
• Have intense involvement in application unit testing, system testing, integration testing, acceptance
testing, quality assurance and SOX compliance.
• Developed Review checklist to improve the review efficiency and lower the defect ratio for use in
6/11 – Present Maimonides Medical Center, New York, NY
Sr. Software Consultant Lead
• First level user support for Statistical Programming and Analysis group, fielding user issues and either
resolving them or directing the requests to suitable SME’s, Lead 5-member team.
• Supporting data for U.S. Licensed Retail Financial Advisors & their agencies ( FINRA).
• Managing upstream dependencies and building close working relationships across Front/Middle Office
and Finance IT, resolving problems/issues based on SLAs.
• Manage resolution of issues, root cause analysis and on-call support, Ensure application availability,
stability, accuracy and performance.
• Responsible for software design reviews, peer code reviews and software acceptance test activities on a
regular basis, Responsible for the initiation, planning, execution, control and completion of the project.
• Schedule the jobs for various execution times and strong experience in developing Test Plans and Test
cases using requirements.
• Restructured complex businesses, growth projects and turnarounds, from the concept/analysis of the
business plan to its implementation and management.
• Reviewed and wrote protocols and statistical analysis plans. Improved their content and structured
information to be more useful to FDA reviewers and PWC.
• Perform 100% quality control checking by independent replication of analysis datasets and data displays.
• Reports developed included Campaign Management, Customer Retention and Cross-Sell/Up-Sell, Model
data was created using SQL to access a UNIX Oracle Data Mart.
• End-To-End co-ordination of the project phases, to ensure the 100% process compliance and SLA levels
are met and Production Support and Recovery as per SLA compliance with offshore-onsite model.
Environment: SAS v9 (Mainframe, UNIX & PC), ETL, UNIX Shell scripting, FX, DB2, Brio, SQL, Spufi, Oracle
Clinical, S-Plus, ReflectionsX, FTP, Livelink, Windows 2000, Automated Test Tools QTP
2. 1/06 – 3/10 Avis and Budget Group, New Jersey, NJ
Sr. Business data strategy Analyst
Yield Forecast system:
• Responsible for providing risk management consulting services including better measurement and
management of risk and control, Conduct Financial analysis, and improve the consistency of system and
practices of the enterprise and forecasting.
• Supporting data for U.S. Licensed Retail Financial Advisors & their agencies ( FINRA) and RR/RIA data.
• Extensive data extraction from numerousTeradata data tables, developed time series models for use in
demand forecasting for online marketing, product/pricing positioning analysis, optimization.
• Performed qualitative research, including writing research plans, conducting one-on-one interviews and
focus groups with business stakeholders, and conducting in-depth customer interviews and contextual
• Developed and executed the Test Procedures and Test Cases using the WinRunner 6.0, coordinated
work amongst a team of Information Architects.
• Performed risk evaluation, reviewed design and program development, planed and performed in-house
audits, made reports, and make sure that product meet work plan.
• Lead technical design reviews and provide technical expertise, guidance and Base/Advanced SAS
• Identify various scenarios for functional and integration testing, Using SQL for checking the output of
various reports, data management, software performance tuning, ADP.
Environment: SAS, Brio, QMF, C, Oracle, ManageNow, Maximo, Multi-Edit, SQL, FX, MS Office tools, MQ
Series, TOAD, UNIX. Shell Scripts, WinRunner 6.0, magenta
8/01 – 12/05 Cummins Engine Company, Columbus, Ohio
Software Consultant/ IT Lead
Project: Mainframe Legacy system
• Batch and Online Mainframe programming for a Product definition/Material demand/payroll/Customer
services/Order board Maintenance system and responsible of SDLC/Change management process.
• Manage a small global team of onsite and offshore developers, Flexibility to work overtime or weekends
in order to meet Client dates, resolving multi-department problems/technical issues.
• Design and write specifications for support programmers for corrections, enhancements, and projects.
• Worked on Sox Process, software quality assurance/testing methodology and practices, Managing
process improvement, trouble shooting and disaster recovery.
• Designed, developed and implemented financial applications like Automated Ledger Systems, GAAP,
Automated EFT Payment Distribution, applying agile techniques.
Environment: SAS, COBOL, IMS DB/DC, FOCUS, ROSCOE, Oracle Forms, PL/SQL, Expediter, Endevor,
FTP, IBM Utilities
2/98 – 7/01 Sempra Energy (SCGC), Los Angeles, LA.
Project: Measurement Collection System (MCS)
• Determine the individual cost items associated with delivering energy by combing tariff filings, Build tariff
dataset for ad-hoc and production jobs.
• Production support by 24/7 basis, develop procedures and scheduling of process for the overall system.
• Wrote COBOL/Perl programs to estimate the service delivery costs of providing electricity/gas.
• Project plans, project and resource management, gathering business requirements from system users.
• Support the marketing group as Entergy gears up to compete in the deregulated energy market in Los
• Preparation of test cases, code reviews and test reviews with QA department for both batch and online.
Environment: VS COBOL II, DB2, JCL, IMS DB/DC, Sybase, SPUFI, VSAM, Endevor, Xpediter, Batch Pipes
9/97 – 2/98 Paramount Pictures, Los Angeles, LA.
Project: Financial Information System (F.I.S)
• Enhancement of program specifications based on Business Rules provided by users and development
and testing of batch and online programs using VS COBOL II, RAMIS, EASYTRIVE, CICS, DB2, and
• Hands-on experience performing system testing for accounting and budgeting functions (e.g., financial
management ERP functionality), responsibility in all areas of general accounting.
• Develop Accounts Payable process and GL/SL journal interfaces from legacy/mainframe systems, profit
center operations, regulatory reports, ETL process flow, and business intelligence tools.
• Involved on Code reviews, System/Integration/UAT testing and project Management.
Environment: COBOL, DB2, Unix, RAMIS, CICS, SQL, QMF, VSAM, JCL, Endevor, Sync Sort, Xpediter,
3. 3/96 – 8/97 TATA Consultancy Services (TCS), INDIA
IT Business Analyst
Project: Global Modeling Risk Management (Wells Fargo Bank)
• Maintenance & support to solve programming problems in production systems identify and define
strategic business issues requiring database analysis.
• Performing data tools, quality control, and efficient programming support, report and track user issues in
the various Client Technology ticketing systems.
• Worked on data step and dataset creation; macros; performance considerations; efficiency; peer code
reviews; tool building, testing.
• Knowledge of Unix including scripts, file transfers, differences among user/group/global permissions, and
directory and storage maintenance.
• Worked with Global Financial Markets (FX, Equities, Securities, Money Market, Portfolio Management,
and Risk Management) or - Treasury systems.
• Perform new business loss forecasting and tracking, Ability to develop/maintain relationship with software
vendors; annual license renewals; software configuration
Environment: COBOL II, DB2, Unix, Easytrieve, Assembler, Focus, FX, IMS DB/DC, SPUFI/ QMF, VSAM,
3/96 Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, INDIA
• Master of Technology in Machine Design in Mechanical Engineering ( First Class)
1989 – 1993 Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, INDIA
• Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Branch ( First Class)
• SAS Certified Base Programmer
• SAS Certified Advanced Programmer
• Certified on Cobol II , JCL, DB2, Software Quality Assurance, Unix Programming-General, Project
Management, Unix Administration(Solaris 10)
• Software Business Analysis certification Transcript ID: 9237904)
• Award for Six-Sigma project for saving of 1 Million USD($)
• Excellent work experience letter references from TATA Consultancy Services(TCS), Sempra
Energy(Southern California Gas Company), Cummins Engine Commpany, Avis and Budget
- USA Permanent Resident(Green Card).