1. Sonia Sethi
Address: 9 Braemar Road
Telephone No: 0121 321 2006
Mobile: 07955 674243
Professional Qualifications: Part Qualified Accountant (ACCA)
Courses Attended: Advanced Accounting, DDS Training
Qualifications: BA (Hons) Accounts & Finance 2:2
University of Greenwich (1993)
BTEC Higher National Diploma in Business & Finance
Anglia Polytechnic (1991)
BTEC Business & Finance
Havering Technical College (1989)
O-Level – Mathematics, Accounts,
Sociology, English Literature and English Language.
• Proficient in Sap, BPC, MS Excel, Word, Lotus, Via Duct, Sun, CVMS, HP, IFS, Strategic,
• Walker, Exchequer, Quicken, MS Powerpoint.
• Accuracy in all work undertaken, committed to working to tight deadlines.
• Using initiative and prioritising work, flexible attitude, team player.
• Excellent customer relations.
• Completion of a project ahead of schedule and budget – Fixed Assets implemented on to
• Identified a problem – Intrastat was submitted manually, improved process by automating
• Worked on ad hoc projects- Supporting SAP implementation.
• Improving Month/Year end procedures.
• Implementation of two companies on SAP.
• Implementing Sox within the Finance Team
Finance Manager (July 2005- To Date)
• Accounts to Trial Balance on SAP.
• Reviewing Overheads with Finance Director.
• Submitting Account to States using BPC.
• Year End Consolidation Packs.
• Year End Tax Packs.
• EC Sales/Dispatches, Intrasat.
• Supervision of 3 Members of staff (Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Banking).
• Bacs Run and Royline Payments.
Finance Assistant (May 2005 – June 2005)
• Preparation and input of monthly Jnls to SAP.
• Raising Sales Invoices to subtenants on a quarterly basis.
• Preparation of monthly Cost Statements.
• Setting up standing orders for quarterly rent payments.
• Agreeing intercompany balances on a monthly basis.
• Administering Lean Machine membership via Direct Debit System.
MG-Rover Group Ltd
Sales Ledger Analyst (Feb 2002 – April 2005)
• Processing Sales Ledger transactions for UK used and new vehicle markets.
• Ensure accuracy of vehicle invoice interface, processing and cash allocation.
• Reconciling accounts on a daily and monthly basis.
• Month end Duties.
• Ad hoc duties:
- Providing information and reports to other departments.
- Fortnightly Bacs Runs.
- Dealer Queries.
- Liason with Third Parties, ie Funders, Auditors.
Cash Forecaster (Nov 2000 – to Feb 2002)
• In the UK, set up a comprehensive Cash Consolidation Process.
• Forecast Volumes/Revenue and Contributions based on a Standard Costing System.
• Business Risk Analysis – e.g. effects of shortfalls in Cash Flow on Business Plan.
• Secondment to Group Treasury:
- Maintenance of Liquidity Position of the Business.
- Liasing with External Customers e.g. Banks and Brokers in Buying/Selling Currencies.
- Reported on Daily Liquidity Positions of the Business.
McCann Erickson Ltd
Assistant Financial Controller (Mar 2000 – to Nov 2000)
• Preparation of Monthly Financial Figures for Scotland and Leeds.
• Reconciliation of Henley Monthly Revenue Figures.
• Maintenance of Cashbook and Manual Cheques.
• Bank Reconciliation for Central and Leeds.
• Daily Control of Media Losses.
3. IG Index Ltd
Assistant Financial Controller (Oct 1997-Feb 2000)
• Assisting in Financial Management Accounts.
• Analysis of Trading Results.
• Month End Procedures.
• Bank Reconciliation of Multi-Currency Cash Books.
• Confirmation/Balancing of Opening Positions for Financial Markets.
• Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register.
• Cash Resources and Daily Currency Positions.
Texuna International Ltd
Accountant: (April 1997-Sept 1997)
• Accounts to Trial Balance.
• Producing Monthly Management Accounts for the Head Office.
• Petty Cash,VAT Returns,Bank Reconciliations.
• Maintaining the Purchase Ledger,Reconciling Supplier Statements.
• Cash Flow Forecasts.
• Implementing a Computerised Accounting System for Purchase Ledger and Cash Book.
Enron Power and Trading Ltd
Assistant Trading Accountant (Temporary Assignment) (Dec 1996-Mar 1997)
• Assisting in the Maintenance of Ledgers for Various Trading Activities in Sun Accounting.
• Assisting in the Analysis of Monthly Trading Results.
• Reconciling Debtors and Creditors Accounts.
Assistant Accountant (Jun 1995-Nov 1996)
• Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts.
• Preparation of Balance Sheet & Bank Reconciliation.
• Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register.
• Maintenance of Cash Books/Posting BACS from Bank Statements.
• Preparing Monthly/Quarterly VAT Returns.
• Reconciling Current Accounts for 15 Hospitals.
• Updating Sales Ledger/Allocation of Cash.
Associated Press Ltd
Accounts Assistant (Aug 1994-Apr
4. • Opening Sales Ledger Accounts,Producing Manual Invoices.
• Maintaining Cash Book/Batch Book and allocation of Cash Invoices.
• Routine Month-End Procedure, Co-ordinating Monthly Statements.