SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
IT ALL STARTS WITH
0 POWERPT a
Before starting to prepare the content of your
presentation, the first thing you need to do is
bone up on who your audience is going to be.
It's only after this, that you can move to the
structuring process for the script — deciding on
the line of reasoning you're going to use and the
way you'll address your topic. Remember: this
step should be written on paper or in Word!
Don't trust your memory. Objectify things. It
makes it easier to analyze and see if what you
plan makes sense and is thoroughly developed.
"Less is more. "
Spaces allow you time to
breathe between slides.
If there is space around
text, for example, it can
help the reading process to
be more comfortable and
help the presenter to make
the audience focus on what
NUMBERS AND GRAPHS
‘ .5‘ A‘ ‘VLYiA '1 ‘. ‘l
Well. it depends on how
If numbers are contextualized within
an interesting story and if graphs have
special design, they could actually
become the "stars" of a presentation.
THE LOGO HAS
0 ALLTHESLiT. )ES 0
Using a logo is necessary when you want to
reinforce a brand, or in situations in which
people may forget who they're listening to —
like an event in which more than one company
is giving a presentation.
So, if your presentation isn't aimed at
promoting your company to a customer who
has never heard of you, or if your presentation
will be an in-house, staff, event, then you
might want to reconsider: Is it really
necessary to include the logo on every slide?
Animations are used when we
want to organize information
input, so that the eyes of the
audience can be directed to the
topic under discussion.
A SLIDE IS NEEDED
0 FOR EACH MINUTE 0
OF A PRESENTATION
You can spend 5 minutes on one slide
and 5 seconds on another.
The number of slides and their
presentation time depends completely
on the quantity of visual messages the
presenter wants to convey and on the
rhythm he/ She wants to give to the visual
shifts that occur from slide to slide.
A PRESENTER SAYS
0 HAS TO BE 0
ON THE SL
Too much text can divide the attention of
the audience between presenter and slide.
Instead, use only key information on your slides,
whether in the form of text or in the form of
images. Otherwise, an audience reads the slides
and stops paying attention to you.
0 TO MEMORIZE 0
EVE RY W0 R D
What you need to do is rehearse your
presentation in such a way that the line
of reasoning makes sense to you.
Memorizing word-for-word can make
you look — and sound — like a robot.
Being natural is one of the key factors
for success when speaking in public.
0 IS A GIFT -
There's no doubt there are people out there
born with a natural talent for public speaking.
But most effective speakers also use a
powerful method: practice, practice, practice.
Maybe you'll have to rehearse for hours, or
maybe even for days, to give a good
presentation. But keep in mind: Ifyou want to
be natural, the line of reasoning and the links
between the slides must be perfectly aligned.
If you speak for an entire meeting, how
much time is left for discussion, for O&A?
A presentation shouldn't take up more
than 40% of meeting time. The other 60%
should be used for discussion and for
ALL MEETING LONG
HAVE TO WAIT
HAVE TO WAIT
A presentation, whether on a stage or in
a meeting, should be as natural as an
If somebody asks something during your
presentation, just answer and then go back
to the script.
Remember: If it's a powerful presentation
and a good question, the answer should be
on the next slide anyway! Logic, Logic, Logic.
- AS WELL AS -
A lot of people use presentation
PowerPoint files as documents.
But what is not used in a live presentation
demands more text because the thing
needs to be self—explanatory on paper.
[Documents handed out at presentations,
however, should be used only to convey
So maybe you should always prepare a file
for use at the presentation and another to
be sent to the audience members.
STATE OF THE ART PRESENTATIONS L‘ - x V‘
. N -, v
To download this eBook go to:
http: //downloadssoappresentations. com/
To download other
Free Resources go to:
http: //soappresentations. com/ free—downloads/
-F E Liked it? Clickandshare.