Need of Cyber Laws.
Cyber laws in India.
Cyber Crime & Cyber Crime Cases
Penalties for cyber crimes.
4. •In 1980, there were only 50,000 Computers all over the world.
• Today, over 50,000 Computers are being sold each day
• I think it is fair to say that personal computers have become
the most empowering tool we have ever created.They are
tools of communication, they are tools of creativity & they can
be shaped by their user.
- Bill Gates.
5. • We live in the E-World ?
E-Commerce, E-billing, E-ticketing, E-mail, E-
•Internet is the 6th most important invention
in the life of a human being.
• Everything in this world has Advantages &
6. Real-world & Virtual- world
Current approaches evolved to deal
with real-world crime
Cybercrime occurs in a virtual-world
and therefore presents different issues
8. Evolution of Cyber Laws ?
Advantages of Cyber Law.
Awareness of cyber laws & crimes.
Does Cyber Law concern me.
9. •To make our digital life safe.
•Tackling cyber crimes.
• Intellectual property rights & copyrights
• Essential feature for today,s world of internet.
•Achieving global peace & harmony.
11. email would now be a valid and legal form of communication
in our country that can be duly produced and approved in a
court of law.
Companies shall now be able to carry out electronic
commerce using the legal infrastructure provided by the Act.
Digital signatures have been given legal validity and sanction
in the Act.
Action can be imposed against anyone you creates a
unauthorized access into the system of companies or
13. • Cyber Crime is unlawful act wherein the
computer is either targeted or used as a tool
to gain unauthorized access into a network.
•Unauthorized access & hacking.
•Virus & worm attack
15. •OfficialWebsite of Maharashtra Government hacked, MUMBAI
,20 september 2007
•Three people held guilty in online credit card scam.
• Orkut : A Danger.
•Offensive Sms can lead to 2 yrs jail.
•CBIWebsite hacked by Pakistani Hackers.
• City principal seeks police help to stop Cyber Crime,Social
16. Penalties for cyber crime
• Fine for unlawful acts.
• Cancelation of certifications