Re-doing the inter-titles meant that we had to change from using
LiveType to Adobe Premiere Pro to make them. Opening on the
previous file we worked on, we clicked at the end of the timeline at
random so that we didn’t interfere with the footage when creating
an inter-title. Firstly, we clicked on ‘Title’ then ‘New Title’ then
3. Step 2
It then took us to this new window which was where we would
create our inter-titles. In order to include text, we clicked on the
‘T’ box which allowed us to create a rectangle around the square
and write the text inside.
4. Step 3
As our inter-titles were going to all be in the font of ‘Penelope
Anne’, we needed to select this so that the font would change. We
clicked on the font category which had a drop done option where we
picked our font.
5. Step 4
The first of our inter-titles reveals when the film is going to be
released ‘This Valentines Day’ to make it clear to the audience that
it as a sub-genre of romance alongside coming of age. Therefore, in
the font, we wrote this inter-title.
6. Step 5
As the inter-titles need to be bold in order for the audience to read
them, we needed to make the text bigger. To do so, we changed the
font size to ‘248’ and positioned it in the middle of the screen. We
went for the colour scheme of black and white as we felt that it was
effectively simple and plain, focusing on the quality and story from the
7. Step 6
To import it into the footage, we dragged it from the left hand side
(white circle) in-between the clips (orange circle) which we felt
flowed and linked with i.e. the first meet between Marnie and
8. Step 7
After playing the clip leading onto the inter-titles, we felt that the
inter-titles went on for to long, therefore we needed to clip it. To
do so, we just dragged the clip to the left to make it smaller.
We then felt that the footage beforehand didn’t flow into the inter-
title, therefore making the decision to include a video transition to
‘fade’ into the inter-title. To do this we clicked ‘sequence’ then ‘apply
video transition’ which then allowed us to change the duration of the
transition which we made to ‘00:00:03’
9. Step 8
After having difficulties with the transitions appearing to happen too
quickly, we had to adjust the speed as to when the fade would start and
end. To do this, we clicked on the inter-title clip (red circle) and then
clicked on ‘effects control’ on the left (green circle). Where it says
‘opacity’ (white circle) we changed it to be ‘O:O’ at the beginning and end
of the clip and the middle of the clip to be ‘100’. To make the text appear
on screen for longer, we increased the amount of space in the middle of
the text to ‘100’.
10. Step 9
We then decided that it would look good if after the clip it went black
then revealed the inter-titles as if the fade was longer. This is
because we felt after playing it back, the inter-titles transition began
to quickly after the clip, therefore looking unprofessional and difficult
for the audience to read. Therefore we created to gaps before and
after the inter-titles. This process was repeated when re-creating the
several other inter-titles.
12. Step 1
Using the same process when creating the inter-tiles, we created a
‘new title’. As the font for our title is different to the inter-titles, we
changed the font to ‘Dulce Vita Light’.
13. Step 2
Our first idea was that the title would appear after Marnie jumped into the
water, fading on using a transition (shown in the print screen below).
However, after playing it back, we felt that it didn’t run smoothly as the
clip kept on appearing with black line on the right hand side (pink circle).
Therefore, using the same technique as last time, we created a blank
title screen and wrote the title, using a slow fade on transition to be
shown after Marnie has jumped into the water. After watching this
back, we both agreed that this looked better and were happy in the
change in decision.