1. Page 1 of 2
P. O. Box 2123, Postal Code 112
Ruwi, Sultanate of Oman
Firm believer in continuous improvement withthe objective of maximizing owners' wealth and a relentless attitude towards quality of
work with customer's satisfaction as top priority. Having designedandimplemented accounting and internal control systems including
ERPs for various organizations in Pakistan and Oman gives me an inside knowledge of the dynamics of various industries including
critical success factors. MyCA Pakistanqualificationalongwith desire todevelop andapplymyknowledge-base and a habit of critical,
attention-to-detail analysis of all decision makingsituations makes me anideal candidate forSenior Management Level positions at any
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION
Description Institute Year Status / Achievements
Chartered Accountant (Pakistan) Institute of Chartered Accountants of
2005 Qualified CA and a Fellow
member of ICAP (FCA)
Intermediate Commerce Government Premier College,Karachi,
1997 Passed with first division
Matriculation Buffer Bright Academy, Karachi,
1995 Passed with first division
Manager Audit and Assurance
Morison Muscat Chartered Accountants LLC, Muscat
March 2012 to
- Preparation, reviewandapproval ofannual audit planandresourcerequirements along with approval of individual client wise
audit plan and budget
- Supervision, review and finalization of audits and other assignments
- Liaison with clients at the planning, execution and the conclusion stages of t he audits and other assignments.
- Supervised and reported on internal audit assignments for Telecom Oman (TEO – Formally Samatel)
- Worked as Financial Consultant for Oracle 12i implementation at a large Government Organization
- Building client base by improvingthe qualityandmaintainingexcellent client relationships and identification of prospective
- Preparation of tax computations and tax returns of various clients
- Liaison with the taxation authorities on behalf of clients for following up of assessment and responding to tax queries
- Preparation of proposals and quotations for existing and prospective clients for services sought by them
- Assistingthe clients in the preparation of the financial statements in accordance with the IFRS / IAS and other statutory
- Assisting the clients in the reporting of financial and accounting information t o their foreign group companies
- Preparationof theInternal Control Memorandums to identify significant weaknesses in the client’s internal control system and
recommending improvements therein
- Preparation of consolidated financial statements and reporting thereon on behalf of the client
- Preparationof financial feasibilitystudies for proposedprojects including fish farming, chocolate manufacturing, solar-powered
vehicles, hotels etc.
- Liaison with theclients’bankers forrestructuringof the loans andborrowings as well as developinga loan restructuring model
acceptable to both clients and bankers
Freelance Consultant, Karachi, Pakistan
May 2011 to
- Preparation of financial projections for new and proposed projects for different clients
- Providing consultancy to clients for facilitation and finalization of their statutory audit.
- Preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Providingconsultancy to smallandmedium sizedaudit firms in Pakistan for designing and implementation of MIS and
- Preparation and online filing of income tax returns for clients
George Mathew & Co, Muscat
- Devisinginternal audit plans forlarge 5 star hotels of Muscat along with review and approval of the internal audit reports
- Designingandimplementingaudit methodology for the firm in compliance withthe audit methodology of RSM International
2. Page 2 of 2
- Design of accountingandinternal control systemalongwith supervision andreviewof provisionof business process outsourcing
services to clients
- Conducting in-house seminars on IFRS and ISA for training of local and expat staff
- Assisting foreign clients in setting up businesses in Oman and guiding through the legal and secretarial formalities
- Prepared the firm’s flagship publication “Doing Business In Oman” as per the guidance of RSM International
- Successfully negotiated terms and conditions of audit facilitation services to a large Government Organization
Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary
Alliance Investment Management Limited, Karachi, Pakistan
March 2007 to March 2009
Alliance Investment Management Limited is an Asset Management Company engaged in providing discretionary and non -
discretionary portfolio management services tocorporate clients and high net worth individuals. While reporting to the CEO, my
- Design and implementation of Oracle based fund management and performance evaluation system.
- Providinginputs in formulatingbusiness strategy on the possible impacts ofchanges in technologies andfinancial requirements.
- Preparation of long range business plan as well as medium to short term plans and annual budgets.
- Preparation, review and finalization of periodic management accounts and financial statements.
- Investment portfolio reviews and reporting.
- Investment analysis as per the request of CEO based on the research reports available in the markets.
- Compliance with the corporate and other laws as applicable in Pakistan.
- Tax planning at regular intervals.
- Online filing of various statutory returns, statements and annexure.
- Negotiation with clients for consensus on the methodology and frequency of performance measurement and bonuses.
- Liaison with the credit rating agencies, SECP, Auditors and other regulatory bodies on behalf of the Company.
Manager Audit, Assurance and Consulting
Haroon Zakaria & Co, Karachi, Pakistan
Joined the firm as audit trainee as per the requirements of the ICAP’s bye laws and elevated to Manager Audit, Assurance and
Consultingduringmy tenure. Inadditionto common responsibilities as manager audit, following additional responsibilities were
included in my job description
- Planning and carrying out Special audits (systems audit of stock brokers, sales tax audits, cost audit of manufacturing
companies etc.) and investigative assignments
- Income tax advisory and drafting the tax appeals on behalf of clients
- Planning and conducting financial due diligence and representation on behalf of the clients in mergers and takeovers.
- Compliance with the requirements of MSI Global Alliance for international affiliation and membership
- Compliance withthe qualitycontrol requirements of ICAP and representation on behalf of the Firm to ICAP for Quality
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet.
- Hands on experience using Oracle Financials, Tally, Solver Accounting, Fox Pro Based Accounting systems at clients
- Expert in extractinginformation fromaccountingsoftware / systems andusing such information on work sheets for financial
analysis and financial reporting etc.
- Hands on using the Oracle based Fund Management System.
Speaking Writing Reading
English Excellent Excellent Excellent
Urdu Excellent Excellent Excellent
Father’s Name Mehboob Alam (Late)
Date and Place of Birth 27 July 1979, Karachi, Pakistan
Marital Status Married