This introductory level talk is about Apache Flink: a multi-purpose Big Data analytics framework leading a movement towards the unification of batch and stream processing in the open source.
With the many technical innovations it brings along with its unique vision and philosophy, it is considered the 4 G (4th Generation) of Big Data Analytics frameworks providing the only hybrid (Real-Time Streaming + Batch) open source distributed data processing engine supporting many use cases: batch, streaming, relational queries, machine learning and graph processing.
In this talk, you will learn about:
1. What is Apache Flink stack and how it fits into the Big Data ecosystem?
2. How Apache Flink integrates with Hadoop and other open source tools for data input and output as well as deployment?
3. Why Apache Flink is an alternative to Apache Hadoop MapReduce, Apache Storm and Apache Spark.
4. Who is using Apache Flink?
5. Where to learn more about Apache Flink?