SANJIT KUMAR DAS
B.Sc., BE (Metallurgy) – NIT, Durgapur, India, 1987
Mobile: +91-7738143839/+6583510087, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Worked, grown & flourished in India now seek international markets to challenge
the learning, test the skills and to outperform the previous records.
• 22+ years professional experience in major steel plant in India in various
capacities covering entire Indian steel market.
• Dealt Pig Iron, BF Slag, Scraps & generations, defectives and various steel
products and grades.
• Knowledge of International Quality Specifications – JIS, DIN, ASTM, SAE and is a
Certified Quality Engineer.
• Domestic/International Market exposure – market/price trends and its behavior,
logistics, supply chain management. Domestic/Global Tenders – price evaluation,
bid finalization, documentation, sales.
• Cost analysis and analysis of market potential considering domestic/global trends
and growth rates.
• Exposure to ERP environment, extensive use of e-business solutions.
• Major accounts - Indian Railways, Nuclear Power, Central Public Works
Department (B&R), Military Engineering Services, Automobile Manufacturers to
name a few.
Working with Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited, Visakhapatnam Steel Plant,
India (www.vizagsteel.com), annual turnover of US$ 26 billion undergoing
expansion to 7.5 million tones by 2011 and gradually to 20 million tones by 2020.
Asst. General Manager (Mktg)/Sr. Branch Manager Sept’06 - till date
• Turnover: US$ 80 Million/80,000 Mts per annum, 10% min. annual growth Y-O-Y.
• Improved sales
Pig Iron - 1500 Mts to 12000 Mts per annum
Kalyani Carpenter, Mahindra Ugine, ISMT. Sales of 24,000 Mts per
Rebar & Merchant Products – 14,000 to 24,000 Mts
TLT manufacturers, Infra Projects, MNC City planners, Mega Malls.
Wire Rod Coils - 4,800 to 12,000 Mts per annum.
Application engineering, automobile, Transmission line.
Rounds - 9500 Mts to 26800 Mts & Semis (Blooms/ Billets/ RCs) - 7200
Mts to 17200 Mts in various grades like MS, EN8D and its derivatives,
Micro-alloyed grades like 16/20MnCr5, 40/41Cr4, SAE1524/1524Cr to
• 10 District Dealers, 6 Retailers own stockyard
To tap rural/semi urban markets.
Product awareness, visibility, channel consolidation.
5th or 6th branch ranking.
Vendor Registration for niche products.
Developed consistent market for High End products and grades.
• Major account - Indian Railways, OEMs/EOUs/Automobile & its component
Manufacturers (Bajaj, Ashok Leyland, Mahindra), Precision Engineering
applications, Oilfield components Industries.
• Other Customer accounts - Bharat Forge, Crompton Greaves, Laxmi Hydraulic
Pumps, Beakert India, Garg Inox, BG Shirke, Siporex, RL Steel, NCC, IVRCL,
ABB Ltd., PGCIL.
Asst. General Manager (Mktg) [CRM In-charge] May’06 – Aug’06
• Extensive hands on experience in Quality Control
Testing and Inspection of in-coming raw materials.
Trained in Instrumental chemical analyzers, Mechanical Testing
Equipments, Metallo-graphical Techniques.
Equipments, practices, techniques.
New initiatives and drives in all departmental monthly quality circle
• CRM initiative for entire Marketing Department.
• ISO implementations in entire department and responding to RTI Act.
• Exports to Pig Iron and Steel various countries.
Quality Complaint, Customers’ Grievances settlement and Customers’
Regional Sales Manager May’95 –April’06
• Annual contracts
1,80,000 Mts steel with Projects and 3,80,000 Mts of High grade steel with
Extensive customer calls and visits.
Interactions with decision makers, project managers, civil engineers,
Workable scheme with major corporate houses engaged in infrastructure.
Exclusive accounts with State Government Agencies implementing low
cost housings for poor mass worth 24,000 Mts steel per annum.
Commercial tie-ups with service centers/fabricators worth 45,000 Mts
Meets, Seminars, Technical Presentations, Advertisements and Publicity.
Profitability, P/L account, Budgeting and Net Sales Realization to co.
• Major customer accounts - NHPC, DMRC, NTPC, BHEL, NPCIL, CPWD, Afcons, HCC,
Gammon India, L&T(ECC), Shapoorji, TATA projects, Gannon Dunkerley, State Housing
Boards, SEW to name a few.
Branch Manager May’88-Aprl’95
• Annual accounts
US$ 25 Million/1,20,000 Mts steel & 70,000 Mts of Pig Iron per annum.
Projects/Industrial Units engaged in Infrastructure, Agriculture Appliances,
Application & Precision Engineering, Heavy Engineering Equipments &
Components, White Goods, Transmission Lines, Public Works, Castings, Wires
(High Tensile/Electrodes) & Bright Bars (Auto-components).
Market segmentation/ Estimation for products/ Product pricing/ Formulation of
• CA/CSA/Extension Counter/Conversion Agencies/Retailers/Stockist functioning.
Management Trainee (Technical) Oct’87 to Aprl’88
• Training at Bhilai Steel Plant, Alloy Steel Plant and Durgapur Steel Plant of SAIL, a largest
and leading MNC steel plant of India covering all its production facilities/ utilities/ logistics/
BSO/JPC/Raw material handling system.