Is one of the four countries that form The UK. Its
territory is geographically formed by the south and
central part of Great Britain, the island that is shared
with Scotland and Wales.
- The capital of
England is London
• The flag is formed with a red cross on a white background.
• Combined with the flag of Scotland and Ireland it forms
the flag of the United Kingdom.
– The most characteristic of the climate is the quick
change in the weather. One day you wake up and its
sunny, then two hours later it is raining.
– In summer the temperature is 20º (degrees) more or
less, in winter it is really cold and in most part it snows.
• The United Kingdom is one of the main places in the world
in regards to industry and commerce.
• England was the centre of the Industrial Revolution.
• The main Industrial activities are the machinery the
chemical products and transport material.
• England is famous for being a mining country especially in
the north . Men had to collect coal from down the mines. It
was typical for every man in the family to earn money this
The British are not a part of the euro even though they
are in the European Union. They continue using the
pound sterling, the oldest money in the world for that, they
say the economy is stable.
The exchange rate is 1 euros= 0,80 pence
• The English breakfast is very typical, it contains beans,
eggs, sausages, bacon, mushrooms and tomatos with tea
• An important tradition in England is to drink a cup of tea
at five o`clock in the afternoon, usually with a scone.
• Most of the surnames in England are Smith, Taylor or
• The biggest city is London with 7,8 million inhabitants.
• Every November since 1918 England have celebreted
Rememberance Day, people wear a poppy to remember the
soldiers that died during the First World War, at eleven
o´clock in the morning there is a two minute silence across