Alchemist PVC (Parameterized & Virtual Connect) is an
online consultation platform where the doctors can give
medications based on the patients vital body parameters
instead of asking for symptoms from the patient.
This is a low cost device is used by the patients
and it enables doctor to view the patient’s
Systolic & Diastolic blood pressure, ECG, Heart
Beat, Temperature, Blood Oxygen Level.
WHAT’S SO UNIQUE ??
• MORA => Measure Once Retrieve Anywhere.
The data being measured can be retrieved(viewed) from anywhere around the
world. This not only comes as an aid during this COVID-19 pandemic but also improves the reach of
doctors in rural India where medication is still a dream.
• NON-INVASIVE => The device is non-invasive ie. there is no creation of skin breaks. Thus can be
used even by an unskilled and an uneducated person.
• PORTABLE => The device is almost the size of a watch thus making it a highly portable.
• AFFORDABLE => The device measures 6 vital body parameters but still comes at an affordable
price of $35 USD .
SECRETE OF OUR COST EFFECTIVENESS
DEVICES AVERAGE COST
ECG Monitor $100
Total Cost === $210
Fig.3 Cost Of the devices when purchased separately
Reduced the number of sensors : The sensors were so chosen such that the parameters to be
extracted had either complete dependency or had a correlation factor greater than 80%.
Sensors Used === ECG Sensor + SpO2 Clip
PULSE TRANSIT TIME
COMPONENTS IN PRINCIPLE
ABSORBANCE OF LIGHT CONCENTRATION OF THE SAMPLE
PPG – Photo Plethysmo Graph
• When the heart beats, capillaries expand and contract based on blood
• Since light is more strongly absorbed by blood, the changes in
blood flow can be detected by PPG sensors as changes in the
intensity of light .
• Voltage signal from PPG Quantity of blood flowing.
Photodiode and IR led of 940nm wavelength. Uses of low-intensity
Infrared green (IR) light.
Optical Technique with motion-tolerant technology which is
proved to be more faster and accurate than any tecchniques.
Photoplethysmography is used to measure the blood volume changes in
micro vascular bed tissues providing high precision .
SITE OF MEASUREMENT
The places where photoplethysmograph could be taken are
1. right and left ear lobes ,
2. index fingers(method we use) ,
3. great toes
• Noises can be reduced when compared to other sources.
• Signal processing becomes easy when compared to signals from other
places and Area of exposure is less.
An SMD soldered
chip along with
The electrodes are
placed using the
3 Lead ECG is
used in this
Using ECG for each
heart beat a pulse is
causes the blood to
squeeze through the
It records the electrical activity of the heart using electrodes
placed on the skin.
• Einthoven's triangle is an imaginary
formation of three limb leads in a triangle
used in electrocardiography .
• The shape forms an inverted equilateral
triangle with the heart at the center
• The right leg electrode acts to reduce
• Each lead measures the electric field
created by the heart during
the depolarization and repolarization of
PULSE TRANSIT TIME
• Pulse transit time refers to the time it takes a pulse wave to travel
between two arterial sites.
• Speed of the arterial pressure wave Blood pressure.
• Technology have allowed accurate estimation of the arrival of the pulse
wave at a peripheral site such as the finger using photoplethysmography
• Shows a strong correlation with blood pressure (measured by ABPM).
• Provides continuous, non-invasive, cuff-less blood pressure .
• The pulse pressure waveform is known to contain vital information - acts
as an indicator of cardiovascular diseases.
• PTT is not well correlated with absolute blood pressure values at a
given point in time, but it is capable of predicting changes in blood
pressure over a short period of time.
● The time difference between the generation of pressure at heart and the
increase in blood volume at the peripheral site is denoted by Pulse Transit
Time(PTT), and the velocity of the propagation of this pressure is pulse
wave velocity (PWV).
● PTT is estimated from the measured ECG and photoplethysmogram
(PPG), this method has been used to develop wearable devices to
measure BP continuously and conveniently.
● Proposed solution = SpO2 sensor + Calibrating ECG module .BLOOD PRESSURE= SpO2 sensor + Calibrating ECG module .
• 32 Bit Processing
• PPG SENSOR
• 4 channel OP-AMP
• Notch Filter
• Low Pass Filter
• Inverting Amplifier
• Type-B charger
• 3.7V, 2.1A
• Lithium-ion battery
• For obtaining ecg .
• To form
Dimensions == 3.6cm*3.5cm
● The device modeling and development is under the guidelines of
● The OP-amp is also a medically approved .
● The device is built-in in with no moving parts and an operating
voltage of 3.3V.
● The SpO2 is a clinically approved blood saturation sensor with
IT’S JUST A PROTOTYPE
Fig.3 Product Circuitry Fig.4 Product Casing
CUSTOMIZED DESIGN OF PCB
Fig.5 3D Design of the PCB 3.6cm*3.5cm Fig.6 Back view of the PCB
ECG AND PPG
SYSTOLIC PEAK + R-R TIME + PTT +
QRS COMPLEX PEAK+ SYSTOLIC-TO-SYSTOLIC TIME
+ PULSE WAVE VELOCITY
PHASE 3 : PARAMETER EXTRACTION + SIGNAL PROCESSING
Used by military fitness trainers to continuously
monitor blood pressure during experimental
The effect of different drugs on blood pressure can be
To study the relationship between the emotions and
blood pressure .
The effect of different food habits on blood pressure
can be found .
Used in ICUs and operation theaters to continuously
monitor blood pressure .
Predicts your future blood
Increased life time*
No external field is used(risk
Better User Interface
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP :
Channels are established by,
Advertising through partner owned websites
Ie. through YOUTUBE channel (cpc –Rs 7 to Rs 21)
GOOGLE (cpc-Rs 70 to Rs140)
Types of customer relationship Types of customers
Dedicated personal assistance High net worth clients
(Eg Apollo Hospitals)
Automated services Rest of the clients
• Device Cost
Physical Workspace .
Human Human resources for producing ,
marketing and customer care .
Financial Stock option pool for the purchase of
Establishing relationship with third party clients for
• Post purchase assistance and
COST STRUCTURE :
COMPONENTS COST (INR)
SPO2 CLIP 1000
PCB FABRICATION 200
HARDWARE COMPLIANCES(ECG) 300
3D CASING 500
DESIGN AND TESTING 100
FUTURISTIC SCOPE :
Providing better UI for the website.
The device can be made more accurate and region independent by
taking more datasets.
Improving the security of the website.
Providing an App facility.
Increase the scalability of the website .
• COMPONENTS USED
Patience is required in order to create a
But it takes greater patience to review it !!!
Thanks for your patience.
Offenbar haben Sie einen Ad-Blocker installiert. Wenn Sie SlideShare auf die Whitelist für Ihren Werbeblocker setzen, helfen Sie unserer Gemeinschaft von Inhaltserstellern.
Sie hassen Werbung?
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert.
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert, um den neuen globalen Regeln zum Thema Datenschutzbestimmungen gerecht zu werden und dir einen Einblick in die begrenzten Möglichkeiten zu geben, wie wir deine Daten nutzen.
Die Einzelheiten findest du unten. Indem du sie akzeptierst, erklärst du dich mit den aktualisierten Datenschutzbestimmungen einverstanden.