2. WHAT IS A SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER?
• The split air conditioner is one of the most widely used type
of the air conditioners.
• Earlier window air conditioner was used most widely, but the
split air conditioner is now catching up with it.
• The major reasons behind the popularity if split air
conditioner are their silent operation and elegant looks.
• Another advantage of the split air conditioner is that you
don’t have to make the hole in the wall of the air conditioner
and destroy the beauty of the room.
• These days the indoor units of the split air conditioner are
available in wide range of color and designs.
4. THE VARIOUS PARTS OF THE INDOOR AND THE
OUTDOOR UNITS OF THE SPLIT AIR
• As mentioned previously the outdoor unit is
installed outside the room to be air conditioned
in the open space.
• In outdoor unit lots of heat is generated inside
the compressor and the condenser, hence there
should be sufficient flow of the air around it.
• The outdoor unit is usually installed at the height
above the height of the indoor unit inside the
room though in many cases the outdoor is also
installed at level below the indoor unit.
• The outdoor unit contains the important parts of
the split AC like compressor, condenser,
expansion valve etc.
5. HERE ARE THE MOST COMMON SPLIT AC SYSTEM
• Mini Split AC System – One temperature across all rooms.
• Multi Split AC – Allows for different temperatures for each room as you will have a different control AC
system for each room.
• Single Split AC – meant for only one room such as a garage or sunroom.
The main difference between mini split air conditioners and multi split AC is that
you can have different temperatures for every room with multi split air
6. BENEFITS OF A MULTI ZONE SPLIT AIR CONDITIONER
• Split and multi-split AC systems are flexible and easy to install, requiring less labor than traditional
• Because they’re ductless, split and multi split units don’t lose energy the way a central ac system does.
According to Energy.gov, more than 30% of wasted energy in a traditional unit can be attributed to duct
• Split air conditioner systems are designed with interior compatibility in mind. The air outlet that
disperses the air is relatively small and can be easily installed flush against a wall.
8. TOP BRANDS
• Daikin 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC Copper. ...
• LG 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC Copper. ...
• Voltas 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC. ...
• Whirlpool 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC (Copper) ...
• Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC Copper. ...
• Hitachi 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC Copper. ...
11. AIR CONDITIONING FILTER
• Air conditioning filter in the house or offices is used to remove
solid contaminants such as smoke, pollen, dust, grease and
pollen to ensure better air quality for the occupants.
• A study showed that indoor pollution is common these days
due to the chemicals that are used in household furnishings
and various goods.
• These filters are usually placed on the return air of the air
• The air that contained the contaminants are trapped here.
• Clean air is then discharged into the space together with the
12. TYPES OF AIR CONDITIONING FILTER
• Plastic mesh filters are commonly installed at the return air of most indoor
unit of room or window air conditioner. They trapped bigger particles of dust and
should be cleaned every two weeks and more frequent if the space being
conditioned is polluted.
• If you look at the manual, they are easy to take out from the unit. Wash
thoroughly with water and household dish washing detergent to remove dirt that
stuck to it. Leave to dry and put back.
• These simple steps of cleaning help to ensure the efficiency of the unit and hence
save electricity as well besides providing a cleaner air space for you.
• Electrostatic air filters are commonly placed in the return air of the air
conditioner unit. The ionized particles are then drawn to the grounded plates.
• Carbon and Adhesive filters are other types which are used. Carbon type is
made of activated carbon that is effective in removing odour causing gases and
bacteria. Adhesive type is made of cotton and fiber glass material coated with
adhesive oil or liquid which trapped the particles.
16. OPERATION OF MAIN BOARD
• The ST at cool modeis adjustable within 16c-31C. • When RTST, both the compressor and the outdoor
• When RT<ST-1C, the compressor stops and 18 seconds later, the outdoor fan will stop. But the indoor
fan keeps running at predetermined speed.
• The four-way valve keeps being off all the time at cool mode.
• If the air conditioner is off and thenturned on while set at COOL,HEATor DRY mode, it will take
approximately 3 minutes for the compressor to start.
• The ST at heat modeis adjustable within16C-31C.
• When RT>ST, the compressor stops when RT<ST-1C, the compressorstarts.
• Once turning on the unit while set at heat mode, if allthe conditions meet with the requirement of
compressor operation, the four-way valve gets charged and 8 seconds later, the compressor and
outdoor fan start running.
17. DRY MODE
• In this mode, the air conditioner automatically sets the room temperature and
this temperature is incontrollable by remote controller.
• In this mode, the air conditioner can automatically adjust the room
temperature to decide the most suitable temperature.
• At the start of operation, the unit will automatically select the operation mode
according to the room temperature.
• The following table shows the conditions which are set at start up.