1. ROBIN L. BOND
380 Longleaf Dr.
Roswell, GA 30075 email@example.com
Finance professional with IT functional experience. Detail oriented with emphasis on analysis and
providing information as the basis for decision making. Customer service focus with excellent
communication, organization and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and remain
focused on deadlines in a challenging and dynamic environment. Demonstrated strengths:
• Financial and metrics analysis • General Ledger reconciliation
• Forecasting, Planning • Accounts Payable, Procurement
• Budget development and reporting • Ad hoc reporting and analysis
• Management reporting • Regulatory and industry research
Software: Advanced Excel (macros, vlookups, pivot tables, nested IF statements), Access, Word,
PowerPoint, Outlook; Webex; BMC Remedy (Axiom); Microsoft Axapta
SAP: Financials (FI/CO), Procure to Pay (P2P), Materials Management (MM), Personal Cost
Planning (PCP), Business Intelligence (BW/BI), Travel and Entertainment (T&E),
HR/Payroll reporting, Solution Manager; HP Mercury Quality Center
ROCKWELL COLLINS, INC / DATAPATH Duluth, GA MAR 2010 -
Financial Analyst (contract position-backfill their Accounting staff so they can focus on their SAP
• Validate weekly postings of labor hours from time keeping system to project subsidiary of general
• Perform cash receipts functions of making deposits to the bank and posting receipts in Axapta to
customer accounts and projects.
• Perform month end duties of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations.
o Demonstrated to Accounting team advanced Excel functions (INDEX/MATCH) to increase efficiency
when retrieving data from pivot tables.
COX ENTERPRISES INC. MAY 1994 - NOV 2009
Functional Analyst - Procure to Pay (Procurement / Accounts Payable) / Record to Report (Finance)
SAP IT SERVICE CENTER - Atlanta, GA; MAY 2008 - NOV 2009
• Participated in bi-annual SAP upgrades for P2P: worked with and led functional team; conducted
impact analysis-review of SAP upgrade notes and system change implications; created test data in
test client; developed and conducted manual and automated tests in HP Quality Center; coordinated
user acceptance testing-created the test scripts in excel, consulted with the users, and captured
results; tracked and reported test results and defects in excel and HP Quality Center; worked within
project scope and met milestones; conducted functional testing in production client for go-live.
• Provided service request resolution for business users: gathered business requirements; performed
system configuration including testing and documentation, or recommended existing functionality for
• Conducted monthly Business Process Owner (BPO) sessions: highlighted system enhancements
and opportunities for process improvements; provided a forum for discussion of business users’
concerns and suggestions; and facilitated a formal means of open communication between
• Enhanced individual user experience by building relationships through informal communications and
providing information such as tips and tricks for the system and report layout options.
• Participated in special projects as needed, such as master data standardization and focus group
initiative for improvement of employee workforce satisfaction.
o Defined technical structure to facilitate SAP BI metrics project for Procure to Pay (P2P) reporting and
dashboard to meet customers’ analysis requirements.
2. ROBIN L. BOND
o Identified and researched improper sales tax payments on exempt materials resulting in potential
savings of $32K+ annually.
o Engaged in ERP implementation for three company codes in the finance and procurement areas
using ASAP methodology: business requirements gathering; configuration; quality assurance testing;
custom report development.
Division Financial Analyst
COX NEWSPAPERS INC. / DIVISION HEADQUARTERS - Atlanta, GA; APR 2007 – APR 2008
• Coordinated Yahoo consortium financial activities for Cox Newspapers group: developed
relationships between Yahoo, headquarters and locations; prepared weekly and monthly revenue
reports and invoices; performed account reconciliations; developed reporting, deposit, and payment
procedures; facilitated revenue recognition policy; participated in implementation of Hot Jobs and
• Served as financial liaison between division headquarters and SAP Service Center IT group:
prepared monthly journal entries including payroll reclasses and accruals; monthly spending analysis
including classification and budget variances; annual budget for capital and expenses.
• Coordinated and participated in annual budget process for headquarters. Compiled and analyzed
budget financial information and statistics for all Cox newspapers.
o Reviewed and edited materials and delivered training classes for finance personnel covering general
ledger, budget input and reporting, management reporting, purchasing, management approvals,
asset management and accounts payable.
o Led a six person team in an SAP upgrade: coordinated between Finance and IT teams; tracked
results and issues; developed and documented resolutions for issues; trained end users on new
Manager of Financial Analysis
COX OHIO PUBLISHING/DAYTON NEWSPAPERS INC. - Dayton, OH; AUG 1999 – APR 2007
• Managed two full time financial analysts including coaching, periodic reviews and incentive
• Conducted month end close: physical inventory counts and expense allocations, job costing,
commercial revenues, newsprint consumption analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Supervised expense budget: payroll for 1,300+ employees and newsprint for four dailies, four
weeklies and assorted other specialty products.
• Managed SAP BW query design for financial reporting and tested new SAP modules as they came
o Coordinated physical move from one building to another of 60+ person department, including IT
equipment, mass file storage and special personnel issues. Oversaw move of postal equipment and
payroll and mail dispersal for entire company of 1,300+ employees.
o Implemented SAP Personnel Cost Planning (Payroll Budget) which involved creating a more efficient
and robust procedure for budget input and reporting for business managers / department heads,
saving 240+ labor hours per cycle for analysts.
o Developed and delivered SAP Materials Management training classes for over 40 employees in 19
o Participated in ERP implementation for one company code and responsible for SAP Materials
Management inventory implementation for 19 storage locations valued at over $1,250,000.
COX OHIO PUBLISHING/DAYTON NEWSPAPERS INC. - Dayton, OH; NOV 1996 – AUG 1999
o Budget, inventory consumption, job cost analysis.
COX OHIO PUBLISHING/SPRINGFIELD NEWSPAPERS , INC. - Springfield, OH; MAY 1994 – NOV 1996
o Month end close, budget, account reconciliation.
Bachelor of Science, Major: Accountancy – Wright State University, Dayton, OH 1994
Institute of Management Accountants (IMA): member since 2001, board member 2006-2007
Toastmasters International: member 2007-2009