1. Curriculum Vitae
Address 19 Corrie Croft, Yardley, Birmingham, West Midlands B26 2QT
I am an experienced IT support analyst. Customer focussed with high user satisfaction scores and a quick
learner with more than a decade of desktop support and computer operations experience. Reliable, flexible
and willing to travel.
I’ve always prided myself on being able to ‘Hit the ground running’ with only limited user training needing to
be received. I achieve constantly high user / customer satisfaction scores at all the companies I have worked
for by consistently working to a high standard and exceeding expectations in delivering what is required
when it is required. My calls statistics for the last 5 months are 2100 + ticket closures so I feel I would be an
Asset to any 2nd
line support role.
Energy and passion in order to achieve stretching objectives
Understanding of the need to deliver excellent service to internal & external clients
Build and maintain effective collaborative relationships across all business divisions including
Able to work on own initiative
Strong understanding of PC & Peripheral technologies, XP, Win7, office 2003, 2010,
Active Directory , Console 1
Strong understanding of desktop support best practices
Imaginative and innovative thinking relating to problem solving and new opportunities
Ensures all changes of hardware/Software are implemented effectively
ITIL course completed
Experience of supporting large corporate desktop environments
May 2012 – Present – Irwin Mitchell - 2nd
Line Desktop Support Analyst
PURPOSE OF JOB
To investigate, control and resolve all technical issues ensuring normal service is resumed as quickly as
possible, together with providing support to the IM Audio Visual Services to IM and undertaking
various administrative duties
• Take 1st
line calls to the Service Desk providing a suitable solution to any incident worked
on within the agreed internal SLA, keeping the user informed.
2. • Ensure a high level of customer service is delivered.
• Log and Assign incidents and Monitor workloads for the other Technical Services Analysts
• To develop a thorough working knowledge of the desktop environment, and prime software
• To assist with workloads for all offices, (via PC Duo- internal remote tool) where applicable.
• Amend and Upload Data / Photos to the Intranet
• Administration of various in-house software account creation.
• Arrange procurement of hardware and software via 3rd
party suppliers, as and when
• Oversee hardware and software deliveries, as and when required.
• Liaise with third parties and the IT team to resolve issues speedily.
• Image and install desktop / laptop equipment, if required.
• Assist with office moves, relocating desktops / laptops, as and when required.
• Answer queries for Facilities related matters providing information where appropriate
• Log and Assign incidents to the Facilities Team and 3rd
• Provide full administration service relating to Blackberry and Mobile devices, including
maintenance and provision of monthly reporting.
• Assist with AV Troubleshooting and liaising and testing with Internal/External parties, as and
• Assist with organization and booking of rooms ensuring appropriate kit is available to the
business for the IM AV services, as and when required.
• To make a positive contribution to the teams’ reserve of knowledge.
• To maintain a professional discipline within the team and the practice by adopting the
procedures applicable to the department.
Aug 2011 – May 2012 - 3i / Allied - 2nd
Line Desktop Support Analyst
- Ensure that all incidents, service requests and enhancements are logged in the client’s incident
recording system (ITSM)
- Provide second line investigation, diagnosis with the aim to resolve where possible
- Ensure that all ITSM records are continuously updated and resolved
- Ensure all problems are identified and escalated
- Demonstrate an in depth working knowledge of the clients systems
- Assist the Service Desk during busy periods via an overflow phone system
- Provide shift coverage (Trinity Park only) with additional duties to include
- Citrix environment, Active Directory, winxp, win7, office 2003, 2010, hardware builds and fixes,
patching in, hardware rollouts, software upgrades, backup exec, RSA tokens, and Remote assist, Blackberry
configurations, IPAD GOOD technology
- Visual Server Checks (s/w errors or h/w failure)
- Service Desk (Phone answering)
- Network monitoring (errors / escalation)
- Server checks (s/w or h/d failures)
- Meeting Room setups inc. video conf.
- Backups (renew, off site copies)
- Printers (communication)
- Processes and Logs
- Meeting Rooms (equipment collection)
- Backups (Monitoring for failure)
- Server Checks (Rebooting of key servers)
3. - Service Desk (Phone Answering), UK, Asia, USA, Europe
April 2011 - August 2011 – Ceva Logistics, Gaydon Warwickshire
- Responsible for delivering Panic Orders of car parts to production line at Aston Martin.
March 2011 – April 2011 - Solar Energy Company UK
May 2000 - 2010 Virgin Media – Technology Centre Desktop Support Analyst
- Platforms include thick client (PC & Laptop), thin client - Citrix (Neoware)
- Varied issues ranging from account unlocks and password resets through to software and profile
issues, creating and maintaining user accounts via Active Directory and MS Server 2000/2003,
- Creating print queues via console one and active directory
- Manual assignments of IP addresses
- Software upgrades, manually and associated to ID’s and hardware via various platforms
- Remedy system used to pick up fault calls raised by the customers
- Hardware / software fixed on IBM, HP and DELL equipment
- Carry out Portable Appliance Testing on all IT equipment in transit, ensure testers are calibrated
- Responsible for user patching requirements of data and voice at all non-data centre sites,
adhering to the data patching standards published.
- Work closely with regional Facilities departments to ensure moves and changes are managed to
meet customer requirements with minimal impact on operations.
- Resource and manage local and national projects as required including hardware & software roll-
outs, audits, upgrades, testing & introduction of new technology.
April 1998 – 2000, Computer Operator – Birmingham Cable
- Daily, weekly and monthly reports, billing runs
- Shift working
- Patching in network cables
- Data storage / retrieval
- Printing data for various departments
- Role involved liaising with 1st
Line and development teams
Prior work History
Computer operator for Edwards builds base, IBM mainframe operator, security guard,
Education & Training
Schools/Colleges Bourneville college
Attended Sheldon Heath Comprehensive
Qualifications/ BTEC National Diploma in Computer Studies
License’s/ O LEVEL/GCSE English Language & Maths
CCNA course taken
Full Driving Licence
Hobbies & Swimming, Cycling, watching football and camping