4. E Commerce
1- E commerce is business that
takes place electronically,
generally over the Internet.
2- It refers to the use of the
Internet and the Web to transact
business between and among
organizations and individuals
6. Facts & Statistics
Began in 1995 and grew
at an annual rate of 16 %
Rapid growth led to
While many companies
failed, many survived with
E-commerce is the
fastest growing form of
retail trade in U.S.,
Faster buying/selling procedure, as well as easy to
More reach to customers, there is no theoretical
Low operational costs and better quality of services.
Customers can easily select products from different
providers without moving around physically.
Any one, good or bad, can easily start a business.
And there are many bad sites which eat up
There is no guarantee of product quality.
Mechanical failures can cause unpredictable effects
on the total processes.
• Advantages and Disadvantages of Ecommerce . (2010). Retrieved November 23, 2011, from
eSalesTrack : http://www.esalestrack.com/blog/2008/09/advantages-and-disadvantages-
• eCommerce Growth. (2011). Retrieved October 29, 2011, from Strategic eCommerce
• The Many Flavors of E-Commerce. (2011). Retrieved October 29, 2011, from asaresearch:
• Types of E-Commerce. (2011). Retrieved October 13, 2011, from EzineArticles:
• Unique Feature of E-Commerce Technology. (2011). Retrieved October 13, 2011, from
• What is E-commerce website. (2011, July 26). Retrieved November 10, 2011, from YouTube:
• Harvey, M. J. (2002). E-commerce. Retrieved October 29, 2011, from Encyclopedia: