SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere Nutzervereinbarung und die Datenschutzrichtlinie.
SlideShare verwendet Cookies, um die Funktionalität und Leistungsfähigkeit der Webseite zu verbessern und Ihnen relevante Werbung bereitzustellen. Wenn Sie diese Webseite weiter besuchen, erklären Sie sich mit der Verwendung von Cookies auf dieser Seite einverstanden. Lesen Sie bitte unsere unsere Datenschutzrichtlinie und die Nutzervereinbarung.
• engaging and enabling Arabs globally through
positive content and productive digital
be the change you want
to see in the world
• We create online platforms which engage the
young digital generation. (products)
• We enable organizations serving the same
demographic to build engaging online presence.
WHAT WE DO
Our platforms - BarakaBits
• Inspire - showcase can-do, value-based examples
• Enable - provide tools for learning, skill-building and job creation
• Connect - connect arab youths globally
• Transact - through crowd-funding, eCommerce, service exchange
• Reach - support youth in marginalized and hardship communities
BarakaBits - Site Stats
• 250,000 Unique visitors per
• 2000 Arabic & English
• 30 categories
• covering 19 countries
• 100+ Youth Contributors
Activating a network of youth contributors through a Youth Engagement and Employment
Program. Weekly Online training sessions bring together youth from the USA to Gaza to build
digital content and engage audiences through BarakaBits social channels and partner networks.
Our agency - Services
• Serves as a business development channel for our platforms
• We provide companies and individuals who target young digital
audiences with services to:
Envision - brands and campaigns that do good and crowdsource
Transform - communication from broadcast to engage
Connect - organizations with their stakeholders using social media
and our platforms
deﬁne the art and science of
create your social brand
identify your community
storytelling & brevity
identify your digital currency
deﬁne your cause
socialize internal communication
train & support
co-create social content
measure your investment
Digital Social Channel Activation
Miracles come in moments.
Be ready and willing.
Palestine Children’s Relief Fund - A year-long change management &
communications program to build organizational capacity and expand reach.
We will conserve what we love. We love
what we understand.
Tawasul - From concept to implementation, devised the communication, funding
and engagement strategy for a marine conservation-education program. Took youth
into the wild and enabled them through experience to advocate for sustainability.
Qatar2022 - Developed a 13 year plan to build social value through the largest
sporting event in the region capitalizing on social entrepreneurs, CSR of the private
sector and the larger community of volunteers.
It is in the contemplation of
power that you manifest this
If I look at the masses, I will never
act. If I look at one, I will.
- Mother Theresa
Welfare30 - Envisioned and implemented a campaign to celebrate 30 years of
achievement creates a storytelling platform featuring hundreds of stories from Palestine
and launching the association into the digital age.
Al Tamimi & Co. - delivering value to
the community through increased
engagement and informative dialogue
on legal matters in the region online
and oﬄine. Supporting the ﬁrm
through a digital communication &
A regional government entity - engagement, communication and social beneﬁt through a
combined online and oﬄine strategy based on objectives, rooted in values and aiming to serve all.
Palestine Medical Relief Society - Water Campaign design,
implementation, promotion & communication team capacity building.
ULYP - Communications Strategy Development, digital crowd-funding campaign development, spokesperson
brieﬁng, event planning and introducing back-oﬃce technology solutions to support organization growth.
A two year engagement - creating a communications strategy, overhauling the brand,
developing all digital and social communications, creating a youth engagement
program engaging alumni, students and other members of the HQSF community.
Study Abroad Tours
Awareness and Fundraising Events
From Peru To Syria - Fun for Cause; an afternoon attended by members of the
Peruvian, UAE and Syrian Dubai Community to raise awareness and funds for Syrian
Children Refugees. Among the attendees was the Peruvian Ambassador to Dubai.
Unforgettable presentations Workshop – Kim Page
BarakaBits & C3 hosted an annual Suhoor at
Operation Falafel Launch Event; created a “roll a falafel” competition with a social impact
twist. Attendees completed in packaging sandwich meals, later distributed to local Labor
LEADERSHIP AND DIALOGUE
MIDDLE EAST PROGRAM WITH
Baraka Advisors was contracted by
Queens College, New York, to
organize the itinerary for the UAE
leg of the Student Leadership and
Dialogue Middle East Program.
Baraka organized a program for the
students, which included meeting
i n d u s t r y l e a d e r s , s o c i a l
entrepreneurs, cultural figures and
activists; as well as organizing
cultural experiences for the group.
Ibrahim Student Leadership and Dialogue Middle East Program with Queens College
THE INTERNATIONAL CENTER FOR
• In partnership with The Impact Hub Dubai, we delivered
services for the International Centre for Journalists (ICfJ).
to program daily meetings for Rodney Gibbs, an ICfJ
fellow, on a study tour of Dubai.
• Rodney learned about the media industry in the UAE,
focussing on digital media; as well as facilitating a
knowledge exchange between Rodney and the different
agencies he would meet with.
• We identiﬁed both local and international communications
agencies, news outlets and other major players in the
UAE who have a strong focus on digital media and
BAHRIA MENU RELAUNCH
• Baraka Advisors was
contracted to organize the
launch of Bahria's new menu.
• The event consisted of carefully
invited industry leaders, live
music performances and the
guests sampling Bahria's new
• Following the launch event,
Baraka Advisors was retained
to invite people from Bahria's
target demographic for two
weeks, in order to sample
Bahria's tasting menu – on the
Arab Fund for Art and Culture - Dubai Fund Launch Event
Contracted by The Arab Fund for Arts and Culture (AFAC) to manage an fund launch inDubai. The event
took place in Dubai over two-day period. Day one featured the unveiling of AFAC’s Public Art Commission.
Day two of the AFAC Event - a VIP Reception honoring donors, cultural
philanthropists, supporters and friends of AFAC concluded with a Music
Concert by the popular Lebanese Rock Band, Mashrou’ Leila at Music Hall.
Hosting Mr. Jim Schaefer, Pulitzer Prize winner
with the Detroit Free Press for a two week study
tour in the UAE in collaboration with Impact Hub
Dubai and the International Center for
Baraka Advisors arranged and managed a week-long calendar for Mr. Jim
Schafer, with introductions to key members of the local media and media
Jim Schaefer visit
Royati Annual Celebration - Royati celebrated the achievements of Hefz Al
Ne’ma project over the past ten years by organizing an honorary followed by
luncheon featuring all partners and shareholders in this project. Where the
ceremony was aimed in creating awareness and community involvement.
COMMUNICATION WORKSHOPS &
• Communication Strategy – Transforming
the way you do business
• Social Media 101
• Women Entrepreneurs – A balanced
approach & a personal journey
• Socializing Business – Your business & the
• CSR - do’s & don’ts
• Public Speaking & Spokesperson Brieﬁngs
• Event Planning 101
• Crowd-funding 101
• Client-speciﬁc workshops
• Abu Dhabi Khalifa Fund – Forum on Entrepreneurship
• Open Diversity – Social Entrepreneurship - Dubai
• Global Forum Technology & Innovation - Sharjah
• Ashoka Arab World Social Innovation Forum - Cairo
• DSG– Best Practice in Entrepreneurship
• Project on Middle East Democracy – voices from the
middle east - Washington DC
• 4site forum - Beirut
• Young Arab Leaders - UAE
• INSEAD – Celebrating Women – Abu Dhabi
• Zayed University - Dubai
• 4th World Congress for Muslim Philanthropists – Dubai
• Leadership Bridge Program – Bahrain
• NYU Abu Dhabi International Hackathon
• Business Planning for Social Impact – Dubai4Acumen
• Strathclyde Business School – SOCENT Panel - Dubai
• Stanford University @shelterdxb – East meets West – a
dialogue on Social Entrepreneurship Models,
Challenges & Opportunities
• Commercial Bank of Dubai & University of Dubai –
Women Leadership Development Forum
• GCC Future Entrepreneurs
• Sharjah Business Women’s Council – Women
• Civil Society Organization UNDP Capacity Building
Conference – Erbil
• Tamkeen Expo 2013 – Keynote Speech - Bahrain
• Booz & Co. Women Entrepreneurship in MENA –
Panelist - Dubai
• NYUAD – Social Entrepreneurship Talk
- Europe & USA
• International Fundraising Forum - Netherlands
• Harvard Business School
• TechWadi Annual Forum
• Wharton School of Business
• George Washington University School of
• UCLA - Annual Jusoor Conference
• Social Venture Network - Annual
• PCRF - Annual Chapters Conference
Baraka Advisors - Partner
BarakaBits - Founder
Communications Strategy & Digital Media
Iman Odeh Yabroudi
Baraka Advisors - Partner
Agency Events & PR