1 Ciliates protozoa have moement through cilia (Fine hair
like structure attached with their body)
2 Some protozoa have special kind of cilia for feeding and
3 Most are harmless . Only one species Balantidium coli is
pathogenic for human causes a rare and server form of
1 Sporozoates are only non- motile form of protozoa
2 They have well developed sexual and asexsual stages
3 Entire group is parasitic in nature and are harmful
4 Toxoplasma Gondii ( causes Toxoplasmosis )
9. Econimic Importance.
Amoeba plays important role in fool chain.
It enters the human body and causes various diseases
which are costly.Even death can happen.
Helpful in sanitation
11. What Is Porifera ?
• A phylum of aquatic invertebrate animals that
compromises the sponges and having a cellular grade of
construction without true tissue or organ formation but
with the body permeated by canals and passes in its
course through one or more cavities lined with
• Porifera is a group of most primitive animals that are
commonly known as ‘Sponges.’They are pore bearing
1.Multicellular organisms with cellular level of body
organization.No distinct tissues or organs.
2.Mostly marine,a few freshwater,all aquatic.
3.Solitary or colonical,all sessile.
4.Body form vase-like,cylindrical,tubular,cushion-
shaped,many branched etc.
5.Symmetry radial or no symmetry.
6.Choanocytes or flagellated collar cells usually line special
chambers.Sponges are the only metazoans having
13. Classes Of Porifera
Body shape cylindrical or vase-like
Body organization of asconoid,syconoid or luconoid type
Small-sized calcareous sponges
Small to large-sized
Body shape like a vase
Spicules monaxon or tetraxon , never triaxon
All marine except freshwater family spongillidae
17. Economic Importance.
1. Sponges play an important role in aquatic ecosystem ,
acting to filter particles out of water(especially bacteria)
2. They are important in nutrient cycles in coral reef systems
3. Use as a cleaning material for washing dishes
4. Sponges are also used to absorb and catch oil leaks
5. They are used to maintain the most in agriculture like in
radish and some fast growing seeds
6. Homes of other marine life(shrimp , sea stars , snails)
7. Food for fishes , shrimp
8. Toxins that sponges release can be used in