• 1 kilo pork spare ribs
• 2 packs Tamarind Soup Base
• 1 big tomato
• 1 big red onion
• 2 pcs. gabi (taro)
• 3 pcs. chili peppers
• Salt or fish sauce to taste
• Vegetable of your choice:
• String beans
• Kangkong (swamp cabbage)
1.Boil approximately 2 to 3 liters of water.
2.Put in the meat, tomato and onion. Let the meat cook.
3.When the meat is tender, you can mix in the gabi or taro. Let
4.When the taro is cooked (it should have a consistency of a
cooked potato), you can take it off the stock and mash it and put
it back. It will help thicken the soup.
5.Put the Tamarind Soup Base as a substitute for the real
tamarind. Let it boil once again.
6.When its boiling, you can add the vegetable,except for the
kangkong (swamp cabbage) if you have some.
7.When the vegetable is almost cooked, you can add in the chili
8.When the chili peppers are cooked, turn your heat off, and add
your kangkong (swamp cabbage), and cover it.
• 2 lbs beef, cubed
• 3 medium carrots, chopped
• 1 1/2 cups chopped celery ribs
• 3 medium potatoes, cubed
• 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 2 pieces bay leaves, dried or fresh
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch diluted in 2 tbsp water
• 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 cups beef broth
• 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons cooking oil
13. Cooking Procedure:
1.Heat oil in a pot.
2.Sear the beef, add onion, garlic, bay leaves, ground cloves, and
paprika. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
3.Pour-in beef broth and let boil. Simmer until beef becomes
tender.Note: This can take up to more than 1 hour depending on
the meat that you will use. Add water as needed.
4.Add celery ribs, carrots, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir and
cook for 6 to 10 minutes.
5.Pour-in diluted cornstarch. Stir and cook for a minute more.
6.Turn off heat and transfer to a serving bowl.
7.Serve. Share and enjoy!
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp ground pepper
• 1 tsp parsley
• 1 tsp rosemary
• 1 tsp thyme
• 1/4 cup fish sauce
• 20 cloves minced garlic
• lemon grass
• 1 lemon, cut in half
• 1 whole head garlic
1.Mix all the dry seasoning and spread it all over the
2.Mix in the fish sauce, followed by the minced garlic.
3.Put half of the lemon inside the chicken, followed by the
whole garlic, and also the lemon grass.
4.Squeeze half of the lemon over the chicken and then put
it inside the chicken.
5.Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour.
6.Preheat your oven or broiler at 350F.
7.Bake the chicken for 1-1/2 to 2 hours at 350F. If the
inside of the chicken is no longer pink, then its done.
•36 oz bacon
•10 oz Velveeta cheese
•1 cup chopped onion
•4 cans of cream of mushroom
•1 cup water
•1 pint heavy whipping cream
•Ground pepper to taste
•2 tbsp minced garlic
•3 lbs uncooked spaghetti
•1/4 cup fish sauce
•Optional: Chopped parsley.
22. Procedure for the sauce:
1. Chopped the bacon into small pieces. Then fry until its crispy.
Ste aside. Drain the grease, but leave about 2 tbsp for sauteing.
2. Saute garlic and onion. Mix in the bacon.
3. Put the fish sauce and ground pepper.
4. Mix in the cream of mushroom, and a cup of water. Let it
simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Put the heavy whipping cream.
6. Put the Velveeta cheese and let it melt. When the cheese has
melted, its done.
Procedure for the spaghetti:
1. Boil some water.
2. When its boiling, put the spaghetti and stir it constantly.
3. When its nice and soft, its done.
4. Drain the water and coat the spaghetti with butter.
1. Chop the onions. Cut the capsicum into rings.
2. Cut the tomatoes into big pieces, add 1 teacup of water and
3. When cooked, blend in a liquidiser and strain.
4. Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the onions and capsicums
for 2 minutes. Take out a few rings for decoration.
5. Add the tomato sauce, sugar, chilli powder and salt and
boil for 10 minutes.
6. Add the tomato ketchup, spaghetti and cream and boil for 2
7. Grease a baking dish and put the tomato and spaghetti
mixture in it. Cover with the capsicum rings and the grated
cheese. Dot with butter.
8. Bake in a hot oven at 400°F for 25 minutes.
9. Serve hot.
1/2 kilo lasagna pasta, cooked as per package instructions
1 kilo ground lean beef
6 to 8 pieces hotdog, finely diced
1 large size bell pepper, finely diced
1 big can mushroom, finely diced
1 stalk celery, finely diced
1 small size carrot, finely diced
1 medium size onion, finely diced
1/2 head garlic, finely chopped
4 250g/packet tomato sauce
1 tsp. sugar
salt and pepper
1 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
3 cups evaporated milk
3 180g/blocks cheddar cheese, grated
1 180g/block cheddar cheese, grated
30. Cooking Procedure:
To cook the meat sauce, in a big saucepan sauté garlic and onion until
fragrant, add in the ground meat and stir cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Add in
the tomato sauce and hotdog, continue to stir cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Add
all the vegetables and sugar, stir cook for another 6 to 8 minutes. Season
with salt and pepper to taste. When done remove from heat and keep
To cook the white sauce, in a medium size sauce pan heat and melt the
butter in low to moderate heat. Stir in the cornstarch until fully blended.
Stir in the milk and continue to cook stirring occasionally until almost
boiling. Now stir in the cheese and cook stirring occasionally until melted
and fully blended. When done keep warm, keep aside.
To bake the pasta, coat a rectangular pyrex dish with butter. Arrange
the pasta sheets at the bottom. Add in a layer of meat sauce over the
pasta sheets. Then pour in a layer of the white sauce. Now arrange the
second layer of pasta, meat sauce and white sauce until a total of 4 layers
is formed. Top with grated cheddar cheese. Bake at 350°F to 375°F for 30 to
45 minutes until golden brown. Let cool down for about 5 minutes before
34. 1 can (390g) evaporated milk
1 can (390g) condensed milk
10 egg yolks
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or lemon essence
For the caramel:
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
35. 1. In a saucepan, mix the sugar & water. Bring to a boil for a few minutes until the
2. Pour the caramelized sugar into aluminum moulds - you can use any shape:
oval, round or square. Spread the caramel on the bottom of the moulds.
3. Mix well the evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla by hand or
4. Gently pour the mixture on top of the caramel on the aluminum moulds. Fill the
moulds to about 1 to 1 1/4 inch thick.
5. Cover moulds individually with aluminum foil.
6. Steam for about 20 minutes (the traditional way to make Leche Flan is by open-
air steaming on either an open cooking fire or stove top) OR
7. Bake for about 45 minutes. Before baking the Leche Flan, place the moulds on
a larger baking pan half filled with very hot water. Pre-heat oven to about 370
degrees before baking.
8. Let cool then refrigerate.
9. To serve: run a thin knife around the edges of the mould to loosen the Leche
Flan. Place a platter on top of the mould and quickly turn upside down to
position the golden brown caramel on top.
40. 1. In a saucepan, simmer milk over low heat until reduced to 2
2. Add suger, butter and vanilla extract, stirring all the while.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Beat egg yolks in mixing bowl.
5. To egg yolks, gradually add milk mixture by spoonfuls,
beating all the while.
6. Stir well to avoid curdling.
7. Add cashew nuts and continue cooking entire mixture over
low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture has consistency of
8. Set aside.
41. 1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff.
3. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating continuously.
Stir in vanilla.
4. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper
greased with butter and spread meringue on top.
5. Bake until brown.
6. Spread filling evenly on top of meringue and roll
into a log.
7. Brush with butter and brown again in overn.
44. 3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup evaporated milk (fresh milk can be
7 cups raw cassava, grated (or frozen) - cassava
are now available in most groceries in cities with
a large Latin American or Asian population.
1/4 cup butter, melted banana leaves (available
frozen in Philippine stores; or use cookie sheet
45. 1 cup thick coconut milk (available in Asian
2 tablespoon flour
1 can condensed milk
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
46. 1. Beat eggs and sugar till lemon colored.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients.
3. Pour into a greased 9x9 in pan lined with banana leaves
(or cookie sheet).
4. Mix coconut milk with the flour.
5. Add condensed milk and cook over medium heat till
6. Add eggyolks and mix well.
7. Return to heat and cook 5 minutes more. Pour over
8. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and broil till golden
• 3 small ripe mangoes
• 1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
• 1 cup milk or soy milk
• Sugar to taste (optional)
• Ice cubes
• 1 scoop vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
1. Peel the mangoes and cut them into 1" (2.5 cm) chunks using
a paring knife. Place the mango pieces into a blender and
puree the fruit until it has a smooth texture.
2. Add the cardamom and milk or soy milk. Turn the blender
on and gradually add ice cubes until you achieve the thickness
that you want.
3. Taste the mango shake for sweetness. Add sugar if needed,
1 tablespoon at a time, and blend the shake to distribute the
4. Pour the finished mango shake into a serving glass.
5. Serve the shake. You can garnish your shake with fresh
mango slices, if desired.