2. What is Behavioural Targeting?
• Behavioural targeting, often referred to as audience targeting
or demographic targeting, aims to ensure that an ad is relevant
to the user visiting a page.
• This is done by serving ads based on a user’s web-browsing
behaviour. User data is collected from various sources using a
user identifier like a tracking pixel or cookie.
3. What is Contextual Advertising?
• Rather than targeting ads based on user behaviour, contextual
advertising targets ads based on the environment in which the
• This targeting method uses algorithms to target ad placements
based on keywords, website content, and other metadata. This
way, ads are shown to users based on the content they are
consuming at that moment in time.