1. DEBASHIS DAS.
Project Management & NPD Engineer.Project Management & NPD Engineer.
(Scope Management/Communication Management/
Risk Management/Project Execution and Monitoring)
Contact No.: +91 8277022796
A dynamic, team spirited and performance driven engineering professional with an
extraordinary blend of leadership, business acumen and industrial knowledge. Ability to
communicate and motivate team members to enhance strategic goals and achieve objectives.
Project management Injection molding, Machining Six Sigma – Black belt
Casting & Sheet metal processing
Design of experiments Tool Design verification & Powder Metallurgy
Aug’2015– Till Date
Mann And Hummel Filter. – Bangalore
COMPANY PROFILE: MANN+HUMMEL has displayed an impressive track record 1.000
research & development specialists, continuous growth and more than 16 filter elements produced per second
over 70 years.
With a clear vision of "Leadership in Filtration" the Group´s product portfolio includes air filter systems, intake
manifold systems, liquid filter systems, cabin filters and sound-design components called symposer, as well as
filter elements for motor vehicles maintenance.
For general engineering, process engineering and industrial applications, the product range includes industrial
filters, membrane filters for water filtration and filter systems
Roles and responsibilities:
• Project Kick-off meeting, understand the project requirement & define the detail project scope.
• Assisted in developing business plans that were based on the efficiency of the Six Sigma methods.
• Apart from project giving training on Six Sigma Green belt and helping in other project to solve
manufacturing issues through six sigma tool.
• Conduct Contract Review meeting with the team and other stakeholders/Customers.
• Conduct Project Kick off Meeting with the team.
• Project Scope Management
o Creating/Updating WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) using MS Project.
o Create SOW (Statement of Work).
o Involved in creating MSA along with Senior Management.
o Defining activities, calendars-definition and estimate duration using both MS Project and MS
o Preparing resource sheets and allocating resources to activities.
• Project Planning and scheduling.
• Project Execution and Monitoring.
o Handling customer queries.
o Consolidating various processes like, process sheets, Tool Data Sheet (TDS) and route card
from engineering team. And Control Plan, bal coning and inspecting plan from Quality Team.
• Conducting Risk Analysis meeting with engineering and quality teams.
• Coordinated with teams in achieving the target before deadline,
• Used various tools to identify the project failure, co-ordinated meetings for failure study
• Had communication from the base level to the top level of management; suppliers to Customers in
executing various projects.
• Participated in summits and presented our products, where we interacted with our competitors.
2. Jun’2011– Aug’2015
INDO-US MIM TEC PVT LTD. – Bangalore
COMPANY PROFILE: Indo-MIM is a ISO/TS 16949:2002leading global supplier of
precision-engineered products using Metal Injection Molding (MIM) as the core manufacturing
technology. The MIM process combines the design flexibility of plastic injection molding with the
strength and integrity of wrought metals to offer cost effective solutions for highly complex part
geometries. The major customers are Leatherman Tool Group-U.S, Honeywell Turbo Technology-
France, Grace Engineering-U.S, South co-U.S
Roles and responsibilities:
• Leading cross functional team coordination to support shared corporate suppliers across sites designing,
developing, implementing, and maintaining a process for the management of as per the AIAG methods
meeting with ts 16949:2009 requirements.
• Coordinates and facilitates, as required, the supplier corrective actions to improve processes, quality,
capability, etc. This includes process recommendations as well as surveillance as required.
• Initiate corrective or preventive actions to prevent re-occurrence or occurrence of non-conformities related
to system deviation
• Design and development of Poka-yoke gauges and fixtures required for new products as well for the
improving the production.
• Identify current and new vectors of supplier quality intelligence and utilize for developing tangible, clear, and
concise supplier quality information for the Develop and implement tools, Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s),
and metrics to measure and evaluate supplier quality risk.
• Preparation of PPAP documents as per the customer requirement and getting approval from the customer.
• Participate on all internal/external supplier validation efforts (as applicable), including but not limited to,
assessing supplier quality programs, and follow up with internal and external functions as needed.
• Conducting gauge R&R, ISIR and Process capability studies for new projects.
• Actively participate in association meetings to develop relationship and build further supplier quality
intelligence on upcoming regulatory changes or competitive intelligences.
• Implementing cost saving initiatives; achieving cost reduction through value engineering, reduction in
breakdown, rework and waste elimination.
• Work towards reduction of cycle time & improve quality of the processes.
• Reduce Manufacturing cost and improve quality of the processes/product by implementing Lean systems and
• Support the Operation team to successfully deliver the Solution during the Mass production stage of Project
Core Competencies –
New Product Development
Interfacing with CFT / Parent company for
necessary modifications in component design for
manufacturability of components and getting into
the customer delight.
Handling process planning for new products;
developing and introducing new processes.
Establishing work norms using time study &
motion measurements (MOST Techniques) for the
various working atmosphere.
Leading, managing and monitoring the
performance of multi-skilled work force.
Establishing and motivating team culture in
the productivity improvements.
Attending Customers,& Certifying Bodies and
implementing there voice on the project and
Quality / Method Improvement
Ensuring adherence to the quality standards
as per TS 16949 and establishing charts /
statistical tools to minimize the scrap /
reworks in ongoing processes as well
systematic quality audits.
Implementing cost saving initiatives;
achieving cost reduction through value
3. engineering, reduction in breakdown, rework and
Pending corrective actions (8D’s) and also
measure the effectiveness of corrective actions
of corrective actions implemented.
Successfully implemented 5Kaizen projects and giving sustenance result.
Worked with program/project managers involving steering and tracking of project according to the master plan
thereby acquired knowledge of Project Management.
Youngest VAVE and CFT member and got appreciation from management for providing innovative ideas for product
development and cost saving.
Acted as the managing in charge for “the packaging and material handling” and “testing” for various projects, where I
did cost saving by six sigma tool and got wide appreciation.
Training programs undergone:
Advanced Lean Six Sigma green belt program form QMG Bangalore (Sept 2013 – Dec – 2013).
Advance Product quality Planning (APQP) given by Bosch.
8D’s by Stanadyne.
Lean Process by Boston Group.
Green Belt Project:
1) Optimizing the feedstock particle size for metal injection molding to reduce the molding defects and improve the
yield of MIM parts.
2) Develop a DOE by considering all the noise factors and main factors to execute the new programs with
minimum risk through MIM process.
Certified Six Sigma Black belt by MSME.
1) Improved product performance of cellulose filter through process improvement benefiting of 5lakhs profit
B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) from C.E.B, BHUBANESWAR (BIJUPATTNAIK UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY) with
First class (6.87 CGPA) in AUG 2011.
Intermediate in science from Baripada College, Baripada securing first class (60.44%).
SSLC from Bileipada high School, keonjhar securing first class (72.4%).
Operating Systems : MS office, Windows98, 2000, XP,2007
Software Skill : SAP erp system
Date of birth: July 2nd
Languages known: Oriya, Bengali, English, Hindi.
Correspondence Address: HOUSE#-13/13,FIRST FLOOR 1ST MAIN ROAD
CHIKKABOMMASANDRA POST-G.K.V.K, BANGALORE 560065