2. OBJECTIVE OF THE WORKSHOP
• Communication skills for effectiveness.
• Art of introduction and greeting.
• Body language to enhance effectiveness.
• Prioritize tasks according to their importance.
• Building rapport & trust in work relationship.
• Being proactive and assertive behaviour.
• Stress Management.
6. COMMUNICATION SKILLS
• Be friendly.
• Think before you speak.
• Be clear.
• Don’t talk too much.
• Be your authentic self.
• Practice humility.
• Speak with confidence.
• Be concise.
7. You never get a second
chance to make the first
First impression is the
If you cant make it good, at
least make it look good!!
The Art of introducing and greeting
8. • It takes just a quick glance, maybe TEN seconds, for someone
to evaluate you when you meet for the first time.
• In this short time, the other person
forms an opinion about you based on
your appearance, your body language,
your demeanor, your mannerisms, and
how you are dressed.
9. TIPS FOR CREATING AN IMPACT!
• Be on time
• A warm smile
• Present yourself
• Be yourself, Be at ease
10. • An introduction that includes
your first and last name
• A welcoming comment
• Direct eye contact
• Firm Handshake
• Be open and confident
13. AN EFFECTIVE SELF INTRODUCTION
• Short and sweet is the key!
• Stay aware of the setting
• Embrace understatement
• Focus on the other person
• Have a call-to-action.
• Finish strong.
• Use the persons name
• Be well prepared (Do your home work well)
• Compliment and thank the listener
14. Body language is a kind of nonverbal communication, where thoughts, intentions, or feelings are
expressed by physical behaviours, such as facial expressions, body posture, gestures, eye movement,
touch and the use of space.
#1 #2 #3 #4
Let us interpret few
15. ELEMENTS OF PERSONAL COMMUNICATION
Body Language Words Pitch, Tone, Rate, Voume
• Facial expressions
• Body posture
• Eye movement
• Use of space
25. TIME MANAGEMENT
“Time management” refers to the way that you organize and plan how long you spend on
Benefits of Time Management:
• Greater productivity and efficiency.
• A better professional reputation.
• Less stress.
• Increased opportunities for advancement.
• Greater opportunities to achieve important life and career goals.
26. TIME MANAGEMENT
• List the task and organize your time
• Set priorities
• Keep a clear focus
• Avoid wastage of time
• Use a diary – mobile application
• Working together
• Take a break
28. TOWER OF CARDS
Learning: Time management, Team Work and Quality Results.
Let’s play a game!!!
Divide yourself in 4 teams each of 4-5
members. The box contains cards – Spades,
Clubs, Diamonds and hearts, they all are mixed.
Each group will be given 1 min to create a
tower of cards (use same French suit) as show
in the picture. Team with maximum levels of
stack will win.
Take care of the tower - should not lapse.
Remember – Quality cannot be compromised!
29. BEING PROACTIVE
I do not blame others for my wrong
I am a responsible person.
I choose my actions, attitudes, and
I do the right thing without
being asked, even when no one is
30. PROACTIVE VS REACTIVE
Creating or controlling a situation rather than just responding to it.
Acting in response to a situation rather than creating or controlling it.
31. If you are waiting for someone to help you,
you may end up waiting a long time;
take charge and be Proactive,
take charge of each day...
TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE
32. BEING ASSERTIVE
Expressing what you think and feel in a positive way
by creating mutual respect
• Confident in a relaxed way
• Able to openly state views and opinion without upsetting others
• Do not ignore problems- look for win-win situation
• Proactive- look for situation instead of blaming others
• Able to admit mistakes without excessive apologizing
• "You never are on time!" (Aggressive)
• "You were 15 minutes late today. That's the third time this week."
Use "I" not "You
• "You always interrupt my stories!" (Aggressive)
• "I would like to tell my story without being interrupted."(Assertive)
Express thoughts, feelings, and opinions reflecting ownership
• "He makes me angry." (Denies ownership of feelings)
• "I get angry when he breaks his promises." (Assertive and owns
40. STRESS MANAGEMENT
• Manage time.
• Get enough sleep.
• Ease up on stress buster.
• Practice yoga, running, sport etc.
• Involve in a hobby.
• Spend time with your loved ones.
• Eat healthy.
• IF YOU CAN MANAGE YOURSELF EFFECTIVELY THEN THERE WONT
BE ANY NEED TO MANAGE STRESS.