6. Our vision
To bring discovery and
innovation into the Wessex
health system so that the
population has better health
and benefits from a thriving
health innovation sector
7. Our operational
• A Network-wide Quality
• Centre for Implementation
• Clinical Research Network
• Life Sciences Working Group
• Collaboration on Education
8. Our priority areas
• A "Whole System” approach for Older People – particularly in
• Better Services for People with a Long Term Condition – respiratory
• Better Health and Life Chances through Better Nutrition
• Reducing Alcohol Misuse
• Optimising Medicines and Eliminating Waste
• Timely Delivery of High Impact Innovations and implementation of
NICE Technological Appraisals
• Ensuring Patient Centred Information is at the Core of Our Wessex
9. NICE technology appraisals
• Where are we on the Autumn 2012 TAs?
• Do we have systems in place to get TAs adopted?
• Are our formularies published?
• Stickiness clinics
• Novel oral anticoagulant review
We aim to:Ensure that people across our region can expect the same, high quality of care regardless of location or provider through collaborative service improvement and innovation programmes.Rapidly translate research into practice, promote adoption and spread of innovation – including timely implementation of NICE technology appraisals – through efficient knowledge exchange.Work with the NIHR research networks to support delivery of clinical trials to time and to target, by facilitating research initiation and supporting patient participation.Use information systems to support quality and care delivery improvements, improving access, understanding the impacts of our interventions and identifying emergent issues.Provide an open door to health and university expertise for industry, to enable the design, development and investment in new services and technologies.Work with our regional Local Education and Training Board (LETB) to ensure education and training programmes draw on emergent best practice, and foster an innovative, improvement–focused workforce in long-term support of our goals.