2. Intro to Venture Capitalism
• Venture Capitalism is all about finding a good
business opportunity and investing in it.
• I thought this job would be a good fit for me because
there is business, money, and risks.
• A venture capitalist invests in a company, and
helps run the company so that later on he/she
can sell it for a profit.
• A bad investment could leave you broke.
4. Working Conditions
• Some work in a venture capitalist firm, while
others are self-employed.
• Work long hours
• A lot of traveling to companies they are
thinking of investing in.
• Getting your MBA (master’s degree in
• Having a technology background is also very
• Bachelors degree in finance or accounting
6. Job Outlook
• When I searched online I found 2 job openings
in only a 25 mile area.
• They were both entry level jobs, that would be
perfect for someone coming out of school.
• Entry earning is between $70,000 to
• Later on in a venture capitalist career they can
make upwards of $700,000.
• They carry bonuses are where they make most
of their money. With most bonuses being over
8. Uses of Technology
• Emails/ Phones: On career cruising, they said
they would receive up to 80 emails a day and
40 phone calls.
• Microsoft Excel: Knowing business patterns is
one of the most important aspects of the job.
• They use spreadsheets to keep organized.
• I do find this job appealing, it is a lot of work
and stress, but I am interested in it.
• I think I would really enjoy this job.