2. Title Sequence
A title sequence is the method by which films or
television programs present their title, key production
and cast members, or both, utilizing conceptual visuals
and sound. The opening credits of a motion picture are
shown at the beginning and list the most important
members of the production. They are often shown
superimposed on a blank screen or a series of static or
animated images; sometimes they appear on to of the
action in the show. There may or may not be
3. The usual order in which the names are shown is:
Name of production companies
Top billing actors
The movie title
*not all title sequences follow this order.
4. Silence of The lambs-Title sequence
• Name of the production is being
• Name of the producer (Kenneth Utt)
and the name of the protagonists of
the film are shown second.
• During the title sequence the titles are shown
over the moving imagery. In the title sequence
shown dead moths or moths that are about
to die. The fact that there is not particular sound
during the title sequence links to the title of the film
which is “Silence of the lambs”.
• Title of the film is shown at the end.
5. The Pink Panther Title Sequence
• The title sequence beginnings with
the name of the British actor “Peter
Seller”, this suggests that the film is
going to be about a mystery or an
investigation because Peter Seller is
known for film in which he plays the
role of a detective etc.
• The title of the film is shown second.
• Main actors/characters are shown
• Who was in change of the music…
• Name of the producer and director are
6. Even though “The silence of the lambs” and “The pink panther”
are two complete different films, there are similarities in their
title sequences. The titles in “The pink panther” title sequence
are shown differently than in “The silence of the lambs”
because there are aimed at different audiences. In both title
sequences the titles are shown over the moving imagery. The
names of the director and the producer are shown at the
beginning in “The Silence of the Lambs” and at the end in “The
Pink Panther”. Both title sequences show what the film is going
to be about, the main characters and the viewer can also
understand what genre the film is.