Digital citizenship skills include the ability to interact with others civilly, and
towards productive ends. Digital citizens respect the rights of others,
understand issues of ethics and privacy, and laws governing online
• Apply social media skills for activism and the public good.
• Identify and intervene when individuals are indicating self-harm or
damaging behaviors online.
• Produce and share digital content that respects copyright and enhances
• Explain the nature of privacy online and the types of information that is
collected and shared online.
• Change one’s privacy settings and modify behaviors to fit one’s desired
level of engagement online.