Hinweis der Redaktion
- Or perhaps you see caregiving in your future and your parents will need it.
- Savings run out. You worked all life, don’t think this will happen to you or others, but – you can see that most people run through their savings pretty quickly. Also this doesn’t necessarily mean just one unbroken stay in NF. It could be accumulated over longer period via series of short stays.
- Community Transition Service – helps people who are leaving a nursing facility purchase essential household furnishingsWhere are these services available?Only Ohio licensed residential care facilities that offer private living units (one person per room, unless otherwise requested) with full, private baths, can offer this program.List on COA Web site
- New state budget (sfy 2012-13) shifts Ohio's ltc system toward more home/community care:proportion of Medicaid $ that Ohio spends on institutional care will drop from 64 to 58% while spending on home/community services will grow from 36 to 42%12,890 more Ohioans will receive Medicaid home and community based services instead of being admitted into an institution
- Current Ohio older population – about 2 millionNew LTC balance Puts us closer to the national average…but the conservative goal of AAA is 50/50Remember the cost slides from earlier in the presentation…home and community based options cost far less than nursing homes.
- Don’t forget to fill out our Stay in Touch cards.All we need is your e-mail address and county – no name, address or phone required. All communications are via web and email (no mailings) – cost-effective and fastOnly a few messages a year, enewsletter 3-4 times/yearWon’t share you information with anyone elseCan unsubscribe at anytime