2. E – Type
• A new startup company, founded by 4 students who are graduated from
Danish design school and based out of Copenhagen.
• A unique company with strong values: ‘’smash the world, revolutionary, edgy
• Their ambition is to expand globally with Edgy & Revolutionary design
3. Strategic Situation
• e-Types was invited to participate in a design competition for Designing a
new Logo for Denmark’s national sports team.
• The challenge which e-type had was, whether to propose new edgy design
or classical design
Proposal 1 : Present only “Edgy Design” – 20% chance of winning
Proposal 2 : Present only “ Classical Design” – 80% chance of winning
Proposal 3 : Present both and let the client decide what they want.
4. Which design to be presented:
E-Types should choose and present EDGY Design to Team Denmark
• They won’t lose their identity & reputation
• Even if they don’t win the competition with a mere 20% chance They
would surely leave an impression that e-Types is differentiated and stands
out of their competition
• Also, the prize money is not so high to think about compromising their
principle for an instance which is not the end.
5. Implementing the strategy:
- Need to differentiate yourself from the competitor
- Every customer may not like to go for Radical & Edgy design
- We should understand that any business that keeps customers happy would
cherish and on the opposite if customers are unhappy they would perish.
- e-Types might lose some customers that do not share the same values as them
- They have a strong differentiation point: Radical and edgy design which
creates a big competitive advantage for the company
6. Implementing Plan:
• Present the ‘’edgy’’ logo for Team Denmark
• Create company’s mission and vision, values and stick to them
• Build brand reputation and increase market share locally
• Increase their Brand Recognition through Social Media
• Expanding to new markets