4. “To be the most preferred and consistently profitable
5. Started by Mrs. Simone Tata after acquiring
Today, it has reached 28 cities with more than 59
Currently headed by Noel Tata.
Designed to cater to shopping needs of various
6. The store sizes range between 20000-30000 sq. feet.
Annual Sales for 2012 was Rs. 612 cr.
With net profit of Rs. 56 cr.
Located in the heart of Pune.
9. This is an era for organised retailing
The scope is still huge
Open economy industry makes it easy for big retailers
to enter this industry making the competition tough
Westside does not have a very unique policy of its
own but it does benefit from the brand goodwill of its
10. Designed to be one-stop
shop for complete family.
Offers broad product variety.
There is huge price band.
11. 1. Segmentation and Targeting
Upper middle and lower upper class
13. Positioned as value for money products-good
quality,low prices,contemporary and exclusive designs
and wide variety.
Good store ambience-shelves are not overloaded
Focus on “I GOT A QUALITY PRODUCT AT A
REASONABLE PRICE “ feelings
14. The name itself gives an upbeat feel.
The stores are designed to convey this message.
18. • Men’s Wear and Accessories.(35%)
• Women’s Wear and accessories.(65%)
• Kid’s Wear.
• Crockery and Kitchen.
• Daily Necessities.
• Branded Jewellery
• Gift items.
• Interior decoration.
20. Based on Product strategy, it is unable to separate
itself from its competitors.
There seems to be a lack of Brand identity.
Westside is a victim of Red ocean marketing strategy
when it comes to diversifying its products.
It has been unable to carve out a separate niche for
itself in the retail industry.
22. Consumer Behaviour is how individuals make
decisions to spend their available resources
(time,money,effort) on consumption related items.
Interacting with customers,we found out that,the
customers were: Consistent
Demand for products are more or less constant
throughout the year for majority of products.
23. Pricing decisions consistent with firm’s marketing
strategy and target market.
They believe in delivering customer ended service and
charging fair price.
Offers Value for Money proposition for consumers,
especially by offering their own brands.
Helps to augment their sales margin.
24. Sales persons revealed that prices tend to fluctuate
during festive seasons keeping consumer behaviour
and demandin mind
The pricing strategy is set such as to attract customers
of all segments
All products and prices are
25. Types of Pricing:
• Promotional discounts
• Seasonal Pricing
• Image Pricing.
• Product form Pricing
• Psychological Pricing
• Product bundling Pricing
• Value Pricing.
26. The store functions all seven days a week.
The store is located very near its competitor.
Products are distributed from Mumbai headquarter.
Stock replenishment done mainly on Fridays.
27. Product availability mainly depends on the demand of
Some products have consistent demand whereas
some fluctuate in demand according to season trends
Ground floor exclusively for women approx 70% area
for women apparel and accessories, women form the
biggest and most loyal customer base for them.
28. • Promote in-house brand, with some
space for some international labels.
• Tie-up with some renowned designers.
• Club west card membership to retain the
•Comparing inhouse brands with external
brands to promote inhouse brands eg
chromozome with westsport.
30. Customer base changed over time.
Not much shelf-space is given to the International
Customer preferences are changing from in-house
labels to international brands.
Lesser media promotions.
32. Aiming to increase their customer
base by adding the international
brands in their product basket.
Focussing more on inhouse
brands and displaying the
products such as to make it look
comparatively better in quality.
33. Westside should spend on media
Hire appropriate Brand Ambassador,
depending on the type of customer they
Should try to increase their theme based
Positioning needs to be done more