1. NADEEM GUL
Best Price Cash N Carry
Jammu & Kashmir India
Mobile: +91 9697126261
Mobile: +91 9596898956
Email : email@example.com
To seek a challenging and responsible career that will allow for continuous growth of skills and professional
expertise, dedication and ambition in obtaining the organisational goals in the field of retail business.
Twelve years of Experience in Retailing for IT & Telecommunication products in Gulf
Market & India.
Worked on new retail projects from conception to execution of the project as Buyer –
Office Automation products.
Worked as Divisional manager & File Head at hypermarkets in Bahrain & Saudi
Have worked with the pioneers in retailing like Geant – Bahrain (Fu Com
International, Bahrain), Geant Saudi Ltd (Fawaz Al Hokair Group, Saudi Arabia). &
Hyper Panda (Savola Group Saudi Arabia)
Worked as a Sr .Category Manager - IT Buying & Merchandising at Landmark Group
Presently working as Manager Merchandising (CASH n CARRY) at Bharti Wal-Mart.
♦ PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Bharti Wal-Mart (Best Price Modern Wholesale Cash N Carry) May -2011 till Present
Working as Manager Merchandising Bharti Wal-Mart (Best Price Modern Wholesale Cash N Carry
Bharti Wal-Mart Private Limited, for wholesale cash-and-carry since 2008 is an
American multinational retailer corporation that runs chains of large discount department stores and
warehouse stores. The company is the world's 18th largest public corporation, according to the Forbes
Global 2000 list, and the largest public corporation when ranked by revenue. It is also the biggest private
employer in the world with over 2 million employees, and is the largest retailer in the world.
Wal-Mart has 8,500 stores in 15 countries, under 55 different names. The company operates under its
own name in the US, including the 50 states and Puerto Rico. It operates in Mexico as Walmex, in the UK
as Asda, in Japan as Seiyu, and in India as Best Price.
• Merchandising: Ensure that the staffs comply with “Basic Merchandising Manual” and all
merchandising activities in the store reflect the needs of the trading period.
• Customer Satisfaction: Ensure that the customer needs are met satisfactorily through trained staff,
customer service initiatives & timely product/service delivery
2. • Staff Development: Keeping track of store achievements against set objectives. Monitoring the
contribution of every individual in the store to identify exemplary talent & assign suitable roles &
responsibilities. Motivating the staff to work towards achievement of company objectives by training
them to have effective coordination, developing team spirit & ensuring floor discipline. Provide
regular feedback to General Manager and HR Manager regarding the store progress and propose
appropriate action for future
• Feedback: Provide input regarding stock level, market trends, opportunities and customer preferences
to ensure that we proactively meet customer needs and provide customers with unique shopping
• Training: Identifying training needs and provide regular training to the store staff on current and new
product lines through suppliers & internal trainers in order to ensure that the skills of the staff are in
alignment to sell products effectively..
Land Mark Group – October 2010 till March 2011
Worked as a Sr. Category Manager - IT Buying & Merchandising at Landmark Group EMax
Electronics Co. W.L.L., KSA
EMax is the fastest growing electronics retail chain in the Middle East with showrooms across Saudi
Arabia, UAE, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain. Pioneering the 'Big Box' concept, this one-stop-shop is set
to reach over 30 stores by the end of 2010.
Preparing budgets and developing plans for achievement of the goals.
Implementing sales promotion plans & new store concepts to generate sales for
achievement of targets.
Coordinating in-store promotional activities for new releases & special products.
Conceptualizing visual merchandising displays, windows & design of retail outlets for
maintenance of a high-end store Image.
Setting up the new units, identifying locations, negotiating with suppliers & related works.
Implementing management systems in the organization & ensuring compliance with the
Taking adequate measures to monitor and analyze the performance of vendors and other
units pertaining to cost, quality and delivery norms.
Handling product planning and range designing; ensuring optimum inventory levels for
achieving cost savings.
Identifying suppliers; managing supplier performance of vendors to ensure meeting of
service, cost, delivery and quality norms.
Analyzing latest marketing trends and tracking competitors’ activities and providing
valuable inputs for fine tuning sales & marketing strategies.
Training the team & ensuring adherence to the norms; reviewing yearly performance of
sales / finance & operations team in the territory for reporting to top management.
Savola Group – October 2009 till June 2010
Worked as a Sr.Category Manager in Office Automation / Photo Section with Panda Hypermarket
The Savola Group is one of the Kingdom’s biggest companies. The Group’s major holdings supply
Saudi Arabia, the Middle East and North African countries with edible oils, sugar, fresh dairy
products and fast food restaurants. In addition Savola owns Panda, the largest supermarket &
Hypermarket chain in the Kingdom.
3. Panda has been established in 1979 when its first branch was opened in Riyadh. Since then, the
company has been concentrating its efforts to expand in order to reach the needs of all the
customers all around the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and to offer them the best service while offering
competing prices. It already runs 30 Hypermarkets and 80 Supermarkets all over the Kingdom.
Budget Planning: Providing inputs to the top management on Section performances over
twelve month’s period to assist them in the annual budget planning process.
Competitor Information: Provide Competitor information through timely visits to
competitor outlets and also provide information regarding market trends.
Promoting Suppliers: Negotiation with the suppliers for competitive prices, Space
Stock Management: To manage properly availability of stocking capacity in order to
ensure material availability at the time of promotions.
Training: Identifying training needs and provide regular training to the store staff on
current and new product lines through suppliers.
Geant Saudi Ltd – June 2006 to Sep. 2009
Worked as a Category Manager in Office Automation / Photo Section with Geant Hypermarket Geant
Saudi Ltd. is a result of strategic alliance of Groupe Casino (France), one of the largest hypermarkets chains
of the world and Fawaz A. Al Hokair Group, one of the largest retail chain companies in the Middle East, with
more than forty-two international brands in its portfolio.
The product portfolio of heavy household includes (IT products, mobiles, digital cameras, camcorders, TV,
Hifi, House hold Goods, Appliances etc)
• Managing a portfolio of 3,000 SKU’s.
• Merchandise planning, buying and pricing of the all items.
• Responsible for smooth section operations in terms of availability of merchandise & display.
• To achieve the budgeted sales and margins.
• To achieve the budgeted extra revenue by space selling and shelf rentals.
• Planning and execution of promotions twice in a month.
• Inventory management by increasing stock turnover ratio.
• Introduction of new product range.
• Managing a team of 12 staff and responsible for their training.
• Keep an eye on competitor’s pricing as well as range.
• Divisional Manager (OFFICE AUTOMATION)
• April 2004 to MAY 2006
• TEAM LEADER (OFFICE AUTOMATION)
• March 2001 to MAR 2004.
♦ COMPANY PROFILE
• GEANT HYPERMARKET, a member of BMA international group of companies, a joint venture with
GROUPE CASINO, FRANCE.
• Mall management, The Bahrain Mall.
• Supermarkets (Last Chance operating in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia).
• Ready made Garments Showrooms, SANA and DISCOUNT HOME STORES.
♦ JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
4. • Was involved in launching of Geant Hypermarket, the first Hypermarket in Bahrain.
• Pre–opening store responsibilities include selection of products, merchandising with category management,
negotiating with the suppliers for the best deals, conducting market surveys in order to visualise the local
market trends and the services provided by the competitors.
• Designing in – store visibility programs and space allocation.
• Controlling and scheduling a multi–lingual sales force of over 20+ staff including Supervisors and Stockers.
• Inventory control and Merchandise management.
• Conducting regular Stock Take processes on quarterly basis.
• Maintaining adequate stock and ensuring full availability of products taking into consideration customer needs
• Co-ordinating with suppliers for the supply of goods and maintaining the delivery schedules as per the outflow
• Studying the product movements to promote fast selling items, thereby increasing profitability.
• Assisting the Divisional Manager in achieving sales target and maintenance of budgeted margins.
• Handling grievances of the customers and any kind of disputes related to suppliers payments.
• Executing all the job responsibilities in absence of Divisional Manager.
• ON THE JOB TRAINING
• Attended a training and product-launching programme with Philips Electronics, Siemens, Hewlett-Packard,
Dell, Samsung and Customer Service Training with GBM (IBM).
• Improved my Leadership and Excellent Communication Skills
• Quick in Learning, energetic and dynamic in nature.
• Given an opportunity will always try to work to my full potential.
Worked as Sales Supervisor, with Cottage Industries Export House, (Jan 2000 To February 2001.)
• Worked as Marketing Executive with Parrys India Ltd, (Jammu &Kashmir Region Jan 99 To Dec 2000)
10+2 in Science (State Board Of School Education Sgr )
B.Com (University of Kashmir) 2000
Six months diploma in computers through P.C.T.C Computer Education
Affiliated with Royal Polytechnic College Srinagar (Jammu &Kashmir) India
• PERSONAL PROFILE
NAME: NADEEM GUL.
D.O.B: 25Th JUNE 1979
MARITAL STATUS: SINGLE
PASSPORT NO: Z-1840780
DATE OF EXPIRY: 02-02-2019
LANGUAGES: ARABIC, ENGLISH, URDU & HINDI