1. No retirement age for politicians.
2. The Normal Central or State
government employee has the age
limit of 60 years.
3. 80% of politicians above the age of
4. Current Prime Minister Dr.
Manmohan Singh is 81 years old.
5. Some of the major leaders are
above the age of 60 for example :-
Narendra Modi(63), Sonia
Gandhi(67), Mulayam Singh(74) etc.
1. Sense of inequality felt by general
2. Huge age gap between the citizens
and politicians create a generation
3. Clash of old and new mentality.
4. Less participation of youth in politics.
5. Lack of new and innovative ideology.
1. National leaders often nominate
their name on two constituencies .
2. In case they win in both
constituencies they have to give up
3. Narendra Modi, a national leader
has nominated his name on two
4. Deserving regional candidates lose
out to national leaders.
1. To increase the number of seats for
the political party.
2. Fear of loss.
3. To promote family members or
friends(in case of Mulayam Singh
1. A shocking 100% of Indian MPs under the
age of 30 are hereditary.
2. Two-thirds of Indian MPs under the age of
40 are from political families.
3. Less than 10% of MPs over the age of 70 are
4. People in power promotes family members
5. People with lack of talent or merit also get
6. Reduces the opportunity for common
7. Gives a sense of inequality.
1. The term was coined when Gaya Lal
a Member of the Legislative
Assembly from Haryana in 1967
changed party thrice in a fortnight.
2. Politicians often leave current parties
for pastures new.
3. Causes instability and raises a sense of
lack of loyalty.
1. In 2009 polls, no party could get majority in the 90-member assembly.
Both Congress and Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) were trying to form
the government. At this juncture, five MLAs of Haryana Janhit Congress
MLAs -- Satpal Sangwan, Vinod Bhayana, Rao Narender Singh, Zile Ram
Sharma and Dharam Singh -- had joined the Congress party. Now, two
of them are ministers while one is chief parliamentary secretary in the
Bhupinder Singh Hooda-led government.
2. Bhajan Lal played another political stunt that remains unparalleled till
day. He left the Janata Party along with 37 legislators to join the
Congress, to become the chief minister of the state in 1980. Then, it
was his name that became synonymous with the 'Aaya Ram Gaya Ram'
1. Often used as a tool of popularity
to gain voters.
2. Candidates are chosen solely on
the basis of popularity instead of
3. Unfit characters also gain power.
4. Harms the chances of able
1. Shabana Azmi (MP)
2. Amitabh Bachchan (Ex-MP)
3. Jaya Bachchan (MP)
4. Jayalalithaa Jayaram (Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu)
5. Late M.G. Ramachandran (Ex-Chief Minister of Tamil
6. Late N. T. Rama Rao (Ex-Chief Minister of Andhra
7. Dharmendra (MP)
8. Hema Malini (MP)
9. Jayaprada (MP)
10. Mohan Babu (Ex-MP)
11. Babu Mohan (Ex-MLA)
12. Govinda (MP)
13. Shatrughan Sinha (MP)
14. Vinod Khanna (MP)
The important identity of a responsible media is playing an
unbiased role in reporting a matter without giving unnecessary
hype to attract the attention of the gullible public with the
object of making money and money only. After reporting
properly the media can educate the public to form their own
opinion in the matters of public interest. The media can
highlight the short-comings of the official machinery in its
functioning, bringing out the sufferings of the public in general.
As political parties start media for themselves and utilise it for
their own selfish ends, the role of the media is very much
narrowed. During elections ,in democracy the media is an
effective tool for getting the public opinion in its favour.
2.India a Portrait.
4.Census of India.
We would like to thank Mrs. Parul Mehra,
Course Coordinator & Asst. Professor and Mrs.
Priyanka Gandhi (BJMC) for providing us with
their valuable guidance which helped us in
completion of this presentation.
Offenbar haben Sie einen Ad-Blocker installiert. Wenn Sie SlideShare auf die Whitelist für Ihren Werbeblocker setzen, helfen Sie unserer Gemeinschaft von Inhaltserstellern.
Sie hassen Werbung?
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert.
Wir haben unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen aktualisiert, um den neuen globalen Regeln zum Thema Datenschutzbestimmungen gerecht zu werden und dir einen Einblick in die begrenzten Möglichkeiten zu geben, wie wir deine Daten nutzen.
Die Einzelheiten findest du unten. Indem du sie akzeptierst, erklärst du dich mit den aktualisierten Datenschutzbestimmungen einverstanden.