5. As the Number ONE sales and marketing
organisation, our mission is to obsessively
ensure that the needs of our global customer
are met by premium products and services, to
develop the most aspirational brands and to
create the ultimate retail and ownership
6. The Vision statement of the BMW Group is
"we will ensure that the BMW Group is the
leading provider of premium products and
premium services relating to individual
Interpretation by BMW Uk
“To excite everyone through irresistible and
hassle free mobility”
7. Roundel logo
• The circular blue and white BMW logo
or roundel evolved from the circular Rapp
Motoren werke company logo, from which the
BMW company grew, combined with the blue
and white colours of the flag of Bavaria.
8. Audio logo
• BMW replaced the 'double-gong' sound used
in TV and Radio advertising campaigns since
• The new sound is developed to represent the
future identity of BMW, was "introduced by a
rising, resonant sound and underscored by
two distinctive bass tones that form the sound
logo's melodic and rhythmic basis. New BMW
Sound Logo - Old vs. New
9. • Brazil
• South Africa
• United states
13. BMW – BEFORE INTERNET
•1923- The first ever motorcycle sale through
exhibition in Berlin.
•Go win it in the mountains.
•1956- BMW 507 work carried out by hand, designed
to meet each buyers wishes.
•Just short of victory
•1960- The four seat family car.
•Launched at Frankfurt Motor Show
•1973- Global sales expansion.
17. BMW- AFTER INTERNET
• www.bmw.com main official website
– National websites
– BMW Group
• Brands and Services
• Investor Relations
18. – Configure your BMW
– Request a brochure or a catalogue
– Locating a dealer
– Corporate / Direct sales
– BMW Lifestyle eShop
– BMW Financial Services
• financing and leasing, insurance, asset management,
dealer financing and company car pools.
– Used Automobiles
19. BMW Online Films
• The Hire
– Eight short films in 2001
• BMW saw their 2001 sales numbers go up 12% from
the previous year.
– 11 million times in four months.
– 2 million people registered with the website
• Free DVD for customers who visited certain BMW
– BMW ran out of DVDs.
20. • The series was viewed over 100 million times in four
– changed the way products were advertised.
– BMW stopped distribution of The Hire on DVD
– The series was abandoned
• "BMW Audio-books" in 2006
• New short film series “Hammer and Coop”
21. BMW online GAMES
• BMW M3 Challenge is a BMW M3 car racing game.
• The user plays online games by using virtual bmw
• Creates awareness
• Mid-game advertisements
• Strong and positive brand image
– Search Engine Marketing
– Online PR
– Connected Drive
– Online Television (BMW TV)
– Original BMW accessories
– Spring and Summer accessories
– Email & Social Networks
– Special Events Webcasts
– E-magazines & Newsletters
– Online Ads
23. BMW CONNECTED DRIVE
• Services & Apps from BMW Connected Drive connect with
• BMW Connected Drive Driver Assistance offer greater
comfort – so you can focus on the essentials.
• It also gives the choice: travel guide, entertainer or guardian
– you decide who your travelling companion should be.
34. c) M Models
• "M" (for Motorsport)
• facilitate BMW’s racing program
• supplement BMW's vehicles portfolio
35. • usually a 3 digit number is followed by 1 or 2 letters.
• The system of letters can be used in combination, and is as follows:
• A = automatic transmission
• C = coupé, last used on the BMW E46 and the BMW E63 (dropped after 2005
• c = cabriolet
• d = diesel
• e = eta (efficient economy, from the Greek letter 'η')
• g = compressed natural gas/CNG
• h = hydrogen
• i = fuel-injected
• L = long wheelbase
• M = Motorsport
• s = sport, also means "2 dr" on E36 model
• sDrive = rear-wheel drive
• T = touring (wagon/estate)
• Ti = hatchback for the BMW 3 Series hatchback
• x / xDrive = BMW xDrive all-wheel drive
37. 3. Placement: BMW use superior market
dealerships. They have 4 car manufacturing
plants in UK.
Manufacturer Dealers Consumers
4. Promotion: BMW has used the same ad
company since 1972, i.e., WCRS
38. 4 C’S
1. Customer Solution: tries hard to find out what
their customer needs
2. Customer Cost: different retailers sell their cars
in different countries at different prices based
on the acceptable customer cost.
3. Convenience: online test drive appointment
4. Communication: 24 hour hotline number
46. • BMW has been engaged in motorsport activities
since the dawn of the first BMW motorcycle in
• Formula BMW – A Junior
racing Formula category.
• Kumho BMW Championship – A BMW-exclusive
championship run in the United Kingdom.
Formula One – F1
• BMW has a long and successful history in touring