1. Aim: - Preparation of Carrot (Murabba)
Carrot Preserve act as a cooling agent for the body when taken on regular basis in summers.
Carrot - 1 kg.
Sugar - 600 gms.
Kesar -30-40 (optional)
1. Peelthe carrot,break the stems and wash them.
2. Let the carrots dry and cut them into 1 or 11/2 inch pieces. If the carrot have more of yellow
part in it, then cut the carrot in two parts and take out the yellow part from it.
3. Take a deep pan and heat water in it. The quantity of water should be enough to dip all the
pieces of the carrot.
4. Boil the carrots into the water for another 2-3 minutes once the water starts to boil. Turn off
the flame. Cover the pan and leave the carrots for 5 minutes in it.
5. Take out the carrots from the pan and put it over the cloth wrapped on a strainer so that the
water dries from the carrot.
6. Once all the water dries up from the carrot pieces, piercing them with a fork.
7. Put the carrot in a steel pan and mix sugar in it. Cover the pan and leave it overnight or for 6-
7 hours. Within this time the juice will come out of the carrot and collect into the pan.
8. Put this pan on a stove and cook till the one string syrup forms. Turn off the flame.
9. If you find the syrup too thin next day, then keep the pan once again on the stove and let it
boil again till the syrup gets thick.
10. Add citric acid to it once the carrot cools down.
11. Store the Carrot preserve in an air-tight container