3. Overview of this presentation
• About BIMCO
• Creation and Aims
• Objectives of BIMCO
• Present Diversity
• BIMCO’s contribution
• Training & Education
• Latest/Forthcoming Events
• BIMCO Environment protection
• BIMCO Security
• Other activities
• Summary of this presentation
4. • Largest of the international shipping association.
• Controls around 65% of the world’s tonnage.
• Members in more than 120 countries.
• The decision on the establishment of the conference was accepted in 1905.
• The biggest European ship-owners decided to develop coordinated policy
and practice to establish minimum freight rates.
• Initially it’s name was: Baltic & White Sea Maritime Conference.
• By the mid-twenties, the activities of the Organization went further then the
limits of Baltic & White Sea Shipping.
• In this connection, at the general meeting in May’1927, it was renamed as
BALTIC AND INTERNATIONAL MARITIME COUNCIL (BIMCO).
6. Objectives of BIMCO
• More than 2,200 members globally.
• Global membership includes: ship-owners, operators,
managers, brokers and agents.
• It’s core objective is to simplify the commercial
operations of it’s members.
• BIMCO promotes fair business practices, free trade
and open access to the markets.
• It’s a strong advocate for the harmonization and
standardization of all shipping related activity.
12. Contribution to Maritime Industry
• Maintain relevant & updated shipping contacts
• Unite & speak for the industry:
• Assist BIMCO members:
– Provide updated information & guidance
– Monitor & inform on rules and regulations
15. WHY CHOOSE BIMCO TRAINING?
BIMCO has been delivering to a wide range of trades and
sectors for over 110 years.
designing and delivering training programmed on key maritime
Having internationally recognized expertise.
Daily basis updated information to enhance knowledge & skill.
Flexible approach in meeting students needs.
Offers eLearning platform where anyone can learn from his
or, with face-to-face courses delivered around the globe.
Offers customize in-house courses for convenience and cost
Various discount offer.
Favorable prices offer for members.
16. BIMCO TRAINING COURSES
Bill of Lading
Lay-time and demurrage
Offshore, project and heavy-lift
Ship sale and purchase
17. Method of Training
BIMCO standard contract seminars
18. Recent & Upcoming events
Date Venue Events
(5-7 )Dec 2016 London BWMTech 2016 5% discount of
(5-9) Dec 2016 London IMO Council
(25-29 )Sep. 2017 Copenhagen International congress of maritime
arbitrators (ICMA) 2017
19. BIMCO Security
21. Other activities of BIMCO
Health & Medical support
Support of seafarers & families
Maritime labor support
22. Summary of this presentation
As a organization BIMCO played a vital role of
global maritime sector and it creates more
facility to improve the maritime trade. So that
ship owner, operators ,managers, broker &
agency are interested to be a member of the