Yorkshire Based Telephone 07740640219
A highly proficient and successful MBA Qualified Operations and Managing Director with over
25 years of leadership experience who is able to forge business relationships at the highest
level and is focussed on Manufacturing Production, Cost and Waste reduction, Change
management, Customer relationships, Procurement and working within Unionised
environments. Provides positive and demanding leadership to all levels in all circumstances.
Seeking to utilise experience and knowledge in Interim management, especially Change
• Realising £2m savings through the strategic design and implementation of extensive
organisational change, in both declining and growth market sectors and also through the strategic
negotiation and implementation of global procurement contracts
• Achieving challenging operational performance targets of 80% OEE, 5% direct waste reduction
and efficiency improvements with a 99% recycling rate.
• Developing an award winning, results driven, Health & Safety and Environmental culture
• Building a track record in talent management and retention within Lean structures with less than
• Delivering objectives within robust, highly unionised environments (Unite), successfully avoiding
industrial action whilst delivering significant organisational change in a facility which employed
over 500 at its peak.
Secured long term (multi-year) high value print contracts with customers such as Yell, Avon,
Pages Jaunes and K-Com
• 2014: secured renewal of Avon UK print contract; implemented new UK Sales structure, flexible
labour models and new crewing structures in light of multi-million pound investment in new
machinery in the UK. Played a key role in securing Procurement of Paper for same.
• 2012/13: Successfully renewed Pages Jaunes contract and awarded 100% of print volume (60%
increase in volume to RR Donnelley).
• 2010: Secured new Avon UK & ROI contract; sourced and project managed installation of S2000
press & Corona Binder, representing capital investment in excess of £4 million with contract
successfully transitioned from a competitor.
• 2013: Established European Procurement Council alongside other RR Donnelley entities in
Europe, realising significant savings in key areas i.e paper, ink, glue
Page 1 of 2
• Achieved three Presidential Awards for distinctive performance and contribution to the company’s
strategic goals in the areas of Sales and Performance.
2015/16: Following due diligence, assigned responsibility for site closure, including consultation
process, communications and redundancies
• 2008-09: Promoted to take P&L responsibility for main UK manufacturing facility and for European
procurement and platform directory production
• 2007-08: Provided strategic input into organisation re-structure and new technology investment
resulting in year on year savings and a 50% reduction to the UK workforce
2001-05: Achieved year on year increased operational performance targets, exceeded health and
safety targets, contributing to the overall financial success of the UK manufacturing.
Most roles with RR Donnelley a £8 billion turnover USA head-quartered printing/communications
Dec 2016 - Present Interim Basis Personal Business Coach
One to one coaching with Site Manager in a Malt Factory through a change
in approach and structure to develop an Improvement culture.
2008 – July 2016 Managing Director, European Directory Operations & Procurement
Reporting to the President, International Group (Europe, Asia, Latin Americas
and Canada) with P&L responsibility for a £40 million turnover UK site within
the £220 million European division, and procurement responsibility for an £55
million materials spend for the European platform.
2001 – 2008 Operations Director, UK Directory Operations
Reporting to the Vice President, Manufacturing (Europe) and responsible for
all manufacturing operations at the new principal UK site in Knaresborough
with peak turnover in excess of £70 million, 450 unionised headcount.
1998 – 2001 Manufacturing Manager, UK
Responsible for manufacturing activity at York site and key member of project
team relocating entire activity to new Knaresborough facility.
The relocation required a £36 million investment and took 18 months to
complete. This resulted in an operation that consistently delivered
performance levels not previously seen in the print industry and comparable
with those in ‘World Class’ manufacturing facilities.
1992 – 1998 Site Supervisor, UK
1983 – 1992 Bindery Number one Operator.
1979 – 1983 Apprentice, Print Finishing
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
MBA, Leeds Business School (2008); numerous RR Donnelley management development
programmes, Full Apprentice training with distinction
Actively involved with the Ford RS owners club and attending events. Regular exercise.
REFERENCES available on request
Page 2 of 2