No start-up cost or maintenance expense
Clinician Group’s My Mind Lab™ Assessment.
• Provides total patient care
• Increases quality of care
• Enhances the image of the practice
• Is HIPPA Compliant
• Incorporates digitized health records
• Helps increase revenue and profit
• Converts the waiting room into profit center
• Assists in recovering some of the concessions
made as a result of ACA
• Creates a constant, consistent and perpetual
• Decreases capital expenditures
Patient Care Revenue Stream
Who Uses It
• Medical Group Practices - Family
Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine
• Physician Hospital
• Managed Care
• Hospitals &
• The Affordable Care Act will provide one of the largest expansions of mental health and substance use
disorder coverage in a generation. Beginning in 2014 under the law, all new small group and individual
market plans will be required to cover ten Essential Health Benefit categories, including mental health
and substance use disorder services, and will be required to cover them at parity with medical and surgical
• The Affordable Care Act and its implementing regulations, building on the Mental Health Parity and
Addiction Equity Act, will expand coverage of mental health and substance use disorder benefits and
federal parity protections in three distinct ways: (1) by including mental health and substance use
disorder benefits in the Essential Health Benefits; (2) by applying federal parity protections to mental
health and substance use disorder benefits in the individual and small group markets; and (3) by
providing more Americans with access to quality health care that includes coverage for mental health
and substance use disorder services. *
• The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) entitles all Medicare beneficiaries to an Initial
Preventive Physician Exam (IPPE) and subsequent annual wellness visit (AWV) as of January 1, 2011.
Fortunately, health professionals can choose our validated and electronic test to screen for Depression,
Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, and PTSD all in one test with the Clinician Group’s My Mind Lab™ Assessment.
*US Department of Health & Human Services
CPT Code 96103
• An estimated 19 million American adults are living with major depression.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
• Depression can adversely affect the course and outcome of common chronic
conditions, such as arthritis, asthma, cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, and
• Suicide is the third leading cause of death for adolescents and young adults from age
15-24. Each year in the US approximately 2 million adolescents attempt suicide.
National Institute of Mental Health
• Depression affects more than 40 percent of those with PTSD
• 25% of those who have cancer
• 27% of those with substance abuse problems
• 50% of those with Parkinson’s Disease
• 50%-75% of those who have an eating disorder
• 33% of those who’ve had a heart attack
Our psychological tests provide the doctor valuable insight
into depression and/or depression related issues (i.e., eating
problems, sleeping problems, anxiety, etc.) that may be the
root cause or prolong the healing process for the medical
issues the patient struggles with.
• An automated evidenced based screen utilizing the diagnostic
criteria of DSM-5 for depression, anxiety, PTSD, and bipolar
• Our assessment was validated in a study from 2010 to 2014, with
a sample of various demographics of 8,234 people.
• Lends context & meaning to the timely detection and treatment
of Mood and Anxiety Disorders, as well as Alcohol and Substance
• Assessment Tool – Not a hard core diagnostic but rather a quick
look at what is going on. Early detection prevents disease
progression, hospitalizations, ED visits, and suicide
• Our tests promote a stronger doctor-patient alliance. It fosters among patients the
feeling that, for any life problem they bring to their doctor, they have come to the
• Turns waiting room inactivity into productive management. Each minute the
patient is in the waiting room is dollars lost.
• Assessment takes an average person under 10 minutes to complete.
• HIPPA Compliant
• As many as 70% of primary-care visits are triggered by underlying mental-health
issues but patients often don't raise the issue and providers are too busy to ask.
Because the vast majority of primary care patients have a physical ailment affected
by stress or mental disorder, studies show it is clinically-sound and cost-effective to
make Mental Health a part of primary care.
• Clinician Group provides an individualized patient assessment geared toward early
detection, co-morbid illness, and identifying people in distress irrespective of their
• Its dimensional subscores help to place patients on a clinical map, leading the
physician toward the appropriate diagnosis. Personalized Medicine and Total
• Immediate Results and Reporting. These results can be transformed into a PDF
document for printing or scan into EMR.
• Our assessments can reduce non-
mistreatment and delays in
How To Identify Patients
MULTI-DIMENSIONAL - Behavioral Health Screening
Screen for Depression, Bipolar, Anxiety, PTSD, and Substance Use all at once
Medicare Patients—Annual Wellness Visit or Annual Alcohol and Depression
Patients on Psychotropic or Anti-Depressant Medications
Patient Already Screened Positive on a Behavioral Health Screening Tool
Patients During an Annual Physical
Patients Complaining of Specific Symptoms
Patients with Certain Chronic Conditions
Anxiousness * Constipation * Decreased Libido * Diarrhea * Fatigue * Headache * Hyperactive Sexual Desire
* Insomnia * Irritability * Irritable Bowel Syndrome * Malaise * Memory Loss * Myalgia Myositis *
Nervousness * Post –Partum Depression * Premature Ejaculation * Weight Loss * Weight Gain
ADHD * Cancer * Chronic Pain * COPD * Diabetes * HIV/AIDS * Irritable Bowel Syndrome
• Hospitals & Health Systems
• Physician Hospital Organizations
• Managed Care Organizations
• Medical Group Practices including
Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Internal
• Federal Health Clinics
• Correctional Facilities
WHO USES IT?
Clinician Group’s My Mind Lab™ is being used by clinicians and qualified non-
physician provider such nurse practitioner, physician assistant or clinical nurse
specialist, registered dietitian, nutrition professional, other licensed practitioner or
by a team of medical professionals working under the direct supervision of a
Total Patient Care
• Time Saving for Physician – Better identify
underlying psychological issues to health
problems and healing.
• Determine possibility of medications adversely
impacting mental state
• Track depression symptoms in patients with
• Effective and Efficient Communication with
Reimbursable Service = Strong Revenue Stream:
• Established CPT Code allows for immediate
• CPT code 96103 – including Medicare and most
major insurance companies.
• Easy to read report is available immediately.
Time savings for doctor:
• Assessment taken on laptop or tablet computer.
• Average patient completion time is under 10 minutes
• Results immediately available for doctor, enabling more quality
patient/doctor time rather than test-taking.
• Track progress
• The screening is done during triage.
Benefits – Cont.
• Automatic updates = eases of use and
No start-up cost or maintenance expense:
Administration performed by office staff:
• Administration is easy to learn and use.
• Results are ready for the doctor prior to start of appointment.
Full, On-going training available without charge:
Benefits – Cont.
• Administration training provided
• Refresher training available
anytime in person or by phone.
• Quick Start Guide and User’s
Manual for step-by-
Using the CG Assessments not only increases support for the
patient but can also be a strong revenue stream for the Doctor.
My Mind Lab™ Assessment
The assessment is a single patient-rated, evidence-based screen.
Clinician Group’s My Mind Lab™
• Our customized assessment for mental health is designed as a brief screening of common psychiatric
conditions. Developed to verify whether the individual fulfills the diagnostic criteria based on the DSM-V.
The scoring and report-generation algorithms are based on artificial intelligence and system-expert
algorithms to approximate human reasoning.
• Validated in a study from 2010 to 2014, with a sample of various demographics of 8,234 people.
• Our assessment is well researched and rigorously developed according to the APA (American Psychological
Association) standards for educational and psychological testing.
• Our developer is cited in ten journal articles in the American Psychiatric Association for studies conducted on
various psychological/behavioral conditions.
• Closely matches the MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory) for sensitivity percentage.
• Our software company CEO Dr. Jerabek has written or collaborated on the
development of more than 200 scientifically validated psychological
assessments and several matching applications, authored three books on
psychological conditions, written over fifteen articles, three thesis papers,
and over twelve electronic articles.
* In order for a physician to file an insurance claim specific to CPT Code 96103 ALL
insurances require that "Medical Necessity" is established in order for an insurance claim
to be considered for re-numeration*
How can a physician establish "Medical Necessity"?
I. Non-Primary Care Physicians-by virtue of the fact that a patient is visiting a "Specialist," the
"medical necessity" has been established. The primary compliant that a patient provides as
a reason for visiting a specialist or that another physician has previously recognized as the
justification why a "Specialist" is required to address the condition or disease state of a
patient; in most cases, these conditions, diseases states, and/or treatment paths can be
directly or indirectly linked to patients mental status. Insurance companies recognize this
fact and in most situations have not challenged reimbursement under CPT Code 96103; due
to the fact that, "Specialists" focus and are trained as experts in specific medical disciplines,
and the treatment of the various "specific" diseases or conditions can be justified due to a
variety of circumstances linked to pain, medication, recovery time, inability to perform
normal daily activities, therapy, etc.
II. Primary Care Physicians-Due to the fact that "primary care" physicians treat a broad range
of conditions and diseases Medical Insurance Companies require that a "Primary Care"
physician establish "Medical Necessity" prior to a patient being screened with a device that
qualifies for reimbursement under CPT Code 96103. The reason is that due to the broad
range of conditions that a primary care physician treats CANNOT be directly or indirectly
linked to mental-health.