2. What is the Kinetic Theory of Matter?
It is a theory that states that all things are ”made up of
very small particles that are in constant motion”
3. What is the Kinetic Theory of Matter? Cont’d
The higher the temperature, the faster the particles
4. What are the “Small Particles?”
Everything is made up of atoms
When the atoms move faster, the temperature of the
5. What are the “Small Particles?” cont’d
The small particles are atoms
Atoms are the basic building blocks of life
6. What is Thermal Energy?
Thermal Energy is “the kind of energy that is related to
and/or caused by heat. “from
7. What is Thermal Energy? Cont’d
“Thermal Energy is what makes the world go round”-
8. How does Thermal Energy tie in with The
Kinetic Theory of Matter?
“The total kinetic energy of all the particles is Thermal
Energy” from http://www.school-for-champions.com/science/matter_kinetic_theory.htm
Tie. Get it?
9. What is Kinetic Energy?
It is the energy of a motion. This means that whenever
an object moves, it is using Kinetic Energy.
This car has a lot of
10. What does that mean?
It means that thermal energy is a measure of kinetic
energy. This helps scientists figure out how much
kinetic energy there is using thermal energy.
11. What does that mean to me?
Your body is always using kinetic energy.
Thermal Energy is the reason you
live and exist.
12. What does that mean to me? Cont’d
You use both of the topics everyday of your life. Both of
the topics are relevant.