Founded in 1009 with the aim of feeding 100 poor people every day (they reached 300), before the 15thC it was in the groun...
Santa María del Mar  Main facade Main Portal
 
Lots of craftsmen collaborated in the construction of Santa Maria del Mar. The ones who didn’t have money did it with thei...
View of the Palacio Real Mayor  at the Plaça del Rei today. La Plaça del Rei La Plaça del Rei includes  3 buildings : Pala...
The trees, a staircase or a fountain used to give a very different look to the Plaça Reial and the palace.  Photo by Joan ...
Saló del Tinell It’s the ceremony room inside the Palau Reial.  It used to be the official residence of the Counts of Barc...
Saló del Tinell  (interior and facade connected to the Marés Museum
Marès Museum In the present Marès Museum there used to be the rooms Jaume II ordered to build to improve his palace .
The palace garden showed a lot of monarchs a good time, especially Martín el Humano. Today it is part of the Marès Museum....
Santa Agata’s chapel today, with the altarpiece the king Pedro el Condestable ordered to Jaume Huguet. Panel painting of S...
The king chapel when it was an Antique Museum. The king chapel , which was put up for public auction in the 19thC, was the...
Up to the 20thC, the Roman walls and Santa Agata’s exterior walls couldn’t be seen because they were surrounded by other b...
Palacio del Lugarteniente visto desde la Plaça del Rei Palacio del Lugarteniente (Palau del Lloctinent) Detail of the Pala...
Nächste SlideShare
Wird geladen in …5
×

4 reyes conjunto gótico y crecimiento hasta siglo xiii2 inglés

504 Aufrufe

Veröffentlicht am

Veröffentlicht in: Bildung, Seele & Geist
  • Als Erste(r) kommentieren

  • Gehören Sie zu den Ersten, denen das gefällt!

4 reyes conjunto gótico y crecimiento hasta siglo xiii2 inglés

  1. 1. Founded in 1009 with the aim of feeding 100 poor people every day (they reached 300), before the 15thC it was in the grounds of the cathedral, where the Cathedral Museum is now. The present building was built around 1450, and in 1546 it was extended in its north part, up to the present Cathedral Avenue. Pia Almoina
  2. 2. Santa María del Mar Main facade Main Portal
  3. 4. Lots of craftsmen collaborated in the construction of Santa Maria del Mar. The ones who didn’t have money did it with their work, like carrying stones from the quarry to the construction site. They appear on the church doors as a reward. Door of ordinary access (16thC), made by Bernat Salvador and dominated by the Mare de Déu del Fanalet (Virgen del Farolillo), who let people in the temple from the Plaza del Born.
  4. 5. View of the Palacio Real Mayor at the Plaça del Rei today. La Plaça del Rei La Plaça del Rei includes 3 buildings : Palacio Real Mayor : 13thC. Built where an Early Christian building was Extended by Jaume I from the old Roman walls. El Tinell and la Capilla de Santa Ágata : 14thC Martí l’Humà /Pere el Carimoniós Palau del Lloctinent : 16thC. Residence of the viceroys but they never lived there.
  5. 6. The trees, a staircase or a fountain used to give a very different look to the Plaça Reial and the palace. Photo by Joan Martí, 1874
  6. 7. Saló del Tinell It’s the ceremony room inside the Palau Reial. It used to be the official residence of the Counts of Barcelona, the kings of the Crown of Aragon and the viceroys. It was built between 1359 and 1370, ordered by Pere el Cerimoniós (Pedro el Ceremonioso). Barcelona - Saló del Tinell: inside
  7. 8. Saló del Tinell (interior and facade connected to the Marés Museum
  8. 9. Marès Museum In the present Marès Museum there used to be the rooms Jaume II ordered to build to improve his palace .
  9. 10. The palace garden showed a lot of monarchs a good time, especially Martín el Humano. Today it is part of the Marès Museum. Marès Museum garden
  10. 11. Santa Agata’s chapel today, with the altarpiece the king Pedro el Condestable ordered to Jaume Huguet. Panel painting of Santa Agata, attributed to the maestro Burgo de Osma. 15thC. Santa Agata’s Chapel
  11. 12. The king chapel when it was an Antique Museum. The king chapel , which was put up for public auction in the 19thC, was the Provincial Antique Museum.
  12. 13. Up to the 20thC, the Roman walls and Santa Agata’s exterior walls couldn’t be seen because they were surrounded by other buildings. Santa Agata’s chapel and Palau Real’s rooms today, seen from Ramon Berenguer III Square. Santa Agata’s chapel, seen from Ramon Berenguer III Square
  13. 14. Palacio del Lugarteniente visto desde la Plaça del Rei Palacio del Lugarteniente (Palau del Lloctinent) Detail of the Palacio del Lugarteniente, two angels holding the Generalitat shield, as this institution paid for the construction of the building in the 16thC

×