Established : June 2014
Owner: Ashton Ang
Atmosphere : Simple
and heart warming interior with
handmade designs on the walls.
Location : Armenian Street,
Customers : Mainly focused on
tourists as it’s situated at a tourist spot.
Survival : Good teamwork
among staffs and owner
- to overcome obstacles + expand
-Promote through social media
Established: OCTOBER 2013
Owner : Zabedee Chiang
Atmosphere : slightly dim with minimal basking of
natural light from blinded windows
Location : No 19-1, Jalan Remia 3,
Customer : Youngsters that come here
for tea / study
Creating a more interesting atmosphere through
his drawings and also the food served
-still in developing stage
10. BEING NEW IN THE CAFÉ CIRCLE
COMPETITOR : China House, Cozy in the Rocket.
More appealing and famous among the crowd.
Using social media to promote themselves
by using the “take photo before eating” culture.
The increase of price makes the trouble in their pricing. But, they can’t
simply rise up the price of the food, because customers will reject and end
up they lose the business.
For the cyclist, it doesn’t become any issue for them to park their vehicles.
Even though their target is for tourist (normally they rent bikes), but they
still have to focus on those Penangnites who drive to their outlet.
17. • Previously an old residential place
• Modified into the modern café it is today
• Organized and comfortable environment
18. • Since their Café concept was “Childhood memories”, they
were creatively used strings to make paper plane on the wall
• To match their motive “Not just eat and go, but stay with
• In order to save
budget, they were
more intend to DIY
19. • Western style dessert such as Belgium Waffle,
and other coffees.
• Famously known for its Earl Grey Caramel Waffle.
Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside.
Served with homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.
• In order to attract more customers, more special
desserts were created such as CHEESECAKE IN A
• Rare sea-salt flavoured waffles
• Reasonable price
32. Bitter Sweet Café
• Use advantage by creating more
catering service to tourists
• Promote them through word of
• Efficient & friendly service
EXPANSION OF MENU
• Increase range of products
• More to tourist liking
33. Coffee Ink
EXPANDING BRANCHES ADVERTISING
• Quite well known in Klang
• More recognition
• More successful
• Visual advertising of F&B + interior design
through online social media.
• Friendly service and good food