5. We must eliminate the accident attacking it at its base ! ... perception of any dangerous condition or personal attitude that could lead to an occurrence of incidents, accident with no injury or even an accident! PA - POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTS IS...
6. “ What is the advantage of knowing, analyzing and acting on POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTS - PA - ?”
7. It is a hypothesis, a likely but unproven theory , a permissible assumption. In mathematics , the set of conditions to start a demonstration. It is usually followed by experimentation, which can lead to verification or refutation of the hypothesis. Once proven, the POSSIBILITY is now called the theory , law or regulation . POSSIBILITY – ( Concept ):
9. Case 1 - ACCIDENT The employee fell while walking by the labor sector, because the floor was slippery. As a result of the fall he had in his arms and knee sprains and minor abrasions.
10. Analyzing the Case 1, we conclude that fortunately the accident was not more serious, because the same employee might have suffered severe trauma and serious, such as fractures, spinal damage with serious consequences to their mobility or even death if the traumas reach vitals Therefore, we conclude that any risk condition can cause an accident with the gravest consequences for the victim.
11. Case 2 - ACCIDENT WITH NO INJURY Walking through the work area, the employee becomes unbalanced and almost (I said almost) falls because the floor was slippery.
12. Analyzing the Case 2, we conclude that luckily was not an accident with the employee. It is here that the Team Work Safety is working today, falsely thinking that is attacking the base of the Pyramid. We can see this action through signage in the areas of work. They say: "Caution Slippery Floor!" "Be careful when driving in areas with Slippery Floor!“ - AND THIS IS NOT ENOUGH TO PREVENT ACCIDENTS !
13. Case 3 - POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTS The employee to clean the area of work. He exaggerated the use of products and to finish cleaning the floor on the desktop, left the same slippery.
14. Analyzing Case 3, we can to affirm that the dangerous condition left by the unsafe act of the employee's cleanup crew, created a dangerous situation (a trap) ready to cause a possible accident where the consequences may be anything from an accident with no injury until an accident like serious injuries or until the death. We conclude that the situation left by the cleaning crew employee is a "PA - POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTS." And it is here that we must to work if we want to eliminate accidents.
15. Some examples of PA - POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTS: - Structures and equipment with bolts loose or missing bolts; - Strange noise in equipment, especially equipment for high speed; - Mobile equipment (driveshafts, engines, couplings) without protection, or without installation of electrical and mechanical locks; - Lack of organization and cleanliness (5 's) in the workplace; Employees working without being physically and mentally able;
17. Infinite are the PA - Possibility of accidents, but they need constant care, a daily analysis done by all and not only by the team safety work. And when one or more identified PA - These have to be treated and disposed of as soon as possible. For even if the work is performed under conditions of pressure and no accidents occur, this is a rather serious as the danger of accidents is constant.
19. In short, PA - POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTS are an Unsafe Act Pre-determined. You know what an Unsafe Act? You know what a Pre-determined Unsafe Act?
20. The unsafe act can present itself in two ways: - Snapshot: - Occurs when ... * We have the knowledge necessary to perform the task; * We lost our concentration (inattention) at the time of task execution. "That famous seconds of silliness ..." We work without a pattern previously discussed. * We made such "risk miscalculated." - Pre-determined (we known as Unsafe condition); - Occurs when ... We have created unsafe conditions * * There is the habit of working in areas with unsafe condition and did not realize the seriousness of the situation of our attitudes * despise all standards (Safety Instructions and Work Instructions); But the crash will only happen when we add up to one or more of the situations described in the Snapshot.
21. PYRAMID OF BIRD We will comment on the first research on workplace accidents. Therefore we will comment about the PYRAMID BIRD ...
22. WHERE IT GOT? 1966 John A. Fletcher and Frank BIRD . Research carried out in 297 enterprises with registered approximately two million employees, where 1,753,498 accidents occurred during ten years. After the tabulated data, reached the conclusion that accidents are scheduled to take place and we can interact before they happen as the following ratio. PYRAMID OF BIRD
23. 10 300 1 Serious or disabling injury 600 Small non-disabling injuries Incidents with property damage . Accident without injury Font: Benite 2004 PYRAMID OF BIRD
24. Relationship between the quantity and type of accidents until it reaches a serious accident and / or fatal. 10 300 1 600 Font: Benite 2004 WLT - With loss of time WiLT – Without loss of time WiLT With materials damages WLT SERIOUS OR FATAL Accidents with no Injury
25. Many companies then began to work accidents at the base of the Pyramid of BIRD (Accidents with no injury). WiLP WLP SERIOUS OR FALTAL ACCIDENTS WITH NO INJURY With materials damages
26. And the results were significant! There was a large reduction in rates of accidents and incidents. And even today many companies, technicians, engineers and specialists in Workplace Safety, think they've found the solution. Just attack the base of the Pyramid of BIRD (ACCIDENTS WITH NO INJURY) that will eliminate accidents.
27. But even with the significant decrease in accidents. The rates still remain high. As demonstrated by the following indexes: In the world, Brazil is ranked fourth in number of deaths, according to data from the International Labour Organisation (ILO), which accounts for the annual occurrence of 270 million work accidents worldwide, of which about 2, 2 million in deaths. According to the ILO study, Brazil occupies the 4th place in the number of deaths, with 2,503 deaths. The country is second only to China (14,924), United States (5764) and Russia (3090), countries with populations of two to seven times larger than our country
28. According to the technical director of the Brazilian Society of Safety Engineering, Jaques Sherique, "We've improved, but not improved enough. Sometimes we have more accidents than the average for countries in Latin America. I'm not comparing with the already developed countries "(Brazil Agency Reporter, 04/28/2009). According to the Ministry of Labor and Employment (MLE), the Statistical Yearbook of Industrial Accidents in 2006, 537,457 accidents were recorded in Brazil with a total of 2,717 deaths and 8,383 disabled workers. In the 1970s, Brazil was an average of 3,604 deaths for 12,428,826 workers. In the 1980s, the number of employees increased to 21,077,804 and the deaths reached 4,672. In the 1990s, decreased: 3925 deaths for 23,648,341 workers.
29. WLP SERIOUS OR FATAL WiLP WITH MATERIAL DAMAGES ACCIDENTS WITH NO INJURY As security companies work to avoid accidents today! :
30. WLP SERIOUS OR FATAL WiLP WITH MATERIAL DAMAGES ACCIDENTS WITH NO INJURY
31. WLP SERIOUS OR FATAL WiLP WITH MATERIAL DAMAGES ACCIDENTS WITH NO INJURY
32. WLP SERIOUS OR FATAL WiLP WITH MATERIAL DAMAGES ACCIDENTS WITH NO INJURY
33. WLP SERIOUS OR FATAL WiLP WITH MATERIAL DAMAGES ACCIDENTS WITH NO INJURY
34. WLP SERIOUS OR FATAL WiLP WITH MATERIAL DAMAGES ACCIDENTS WITH NO INJURY
35. PA POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTS WLP SERIOUS OR FATAL WiLP WITH MATERIAL DAMAGES ACCIDENTS WITH NO INJURY
36. PA How companies should work to Workplace Safety TODAY ! WLP SERIOUS OR FATAL WiLP WITH MATERIAL DAMAGES ACCIDENTS WITH NO INJURY POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTS :
38. Just follow the formula : Attention + Inspection + Communication + Analysis + Action = ______________ Eliminate accidents using the PA
39. ATTENTION We must always be alert to all situations and also to the peculiarities of the workplace so we can always identify something different, abnormal, which may be or generate a PA - POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTS. Anything and / or situation even though it seems insignificant should be recorded for analysis and possible further talks (action).
41. COMMUNICATION 1 Communication is everything (the master stone, the base of the program). Everyone should to know the PA – POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTS found, analyzed, and actions used in each. The greater the number of people involved, the greater the engagement, motivation and attitude to the fight against Accidents. Not to mention that the greatest number of ideas and solutions to solve problems.
42. Just like anything in excess is bad, should take care not to pollute the environment with excessive communication. As this may distort the information, not generating unsatisfactory results or generate any results. The information should to flow throughout the company and always ( this is fundamental ) to have feedback ( return and what was communicated ). COMMUNICATION 2
43. We'll have to create a database with all information of PA - POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTS. This database should be organized as follows: All PA - POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTS found and reported by employees divided by weeks, months and years. All PA - POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTS analyzed divided by weeks, months and years. All dealings, actions taken to the PA – POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTS found, subdivided by week, month and year. COMMUNICATION 3
45. ANALYSIS We'll have to create a group of volunteers Security that will collect all the information, suggestions and actions for later in the meeting (preferably weekly) to perform the analysis of each case and found to act on the best and most effective ways to solve each . Note: PA - Possibility of Accidents with eminent risks should be treated special, immediate, and all must be involved and engaged in this action. (Slippery surface - Actions such as flag, isolate, immediately clean the place must be made with urgency)
46. ACTION ACTION means continuous work, "To mistake is human, to live with the mistake is unacceptable!" Analyzed and found the best form of action against the PA – POSSIBILITY OF ACCIDENTS can not waste time. It should be in as soon as possible and take concrete action to finally resolve the serious problems. The program's success depends on it. Accidents will be avoided, lives will be preserved and a healthy environment, quality and risk free will be created.
49. EVERYONE HAS AN ENVIRONMENT FREE OF ACCIDENTS Thank you! Luiz Carlos de Almeida Dezembro, 2010.
50. Home... BECAUSE SAFETY IS NOT THE END! - Luiz Carlos de Almeida – Interested in other jobs ...Enviar e-mail para [email_address] http://luizcarlosdealmeida.no.comunidades.net I also do lectures, trainings and courses.