1. Lakshman Welideniya
Nationality: Sri Lankan
Date of Birth: July 20th
Marital Status: Married
English, Sinhala, Dhivehi
Current Location: Meemu Atoll, Male, Maldives
Mobile in Maldives:
Mobile in Sri Lanka:
00960 743 8446
Medhufushi Island Resort, Republic of Maldives (5* Star Hotel)
(February 2007 – up to present)
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plans, directs, controls and coordinates the activities of all Chefs. Cooks and other
kitchen personnel engaged in preparing and cooking food to ensure an efficient and
profitable food service.
• Plans and approves menus for the various kitchen subsections; checks and
approves requisitions of kitchen subsections based on planned menus.
• Estimate food consumption and requisitions; foodstuffs and kitchen supply;
inspects delivery of perishable food items.
• Review menus, analyzes recipes, determine food, employees and overhead costs
and drafts prices of menu items; confers with Food & Beverage Manager and
Accountant on pricing of menu items.
• Prepares market lists, indicating type of food items, quality and quantity.
• Plans overall food production, considers: occupancy forecast / supply conditions &
availability of products / clientele (nationality breakdown).
• Plans and approves utilization of food surpluses.
• Assists in carrying out full stock taking at the end of each month, in collaboration
with the Accounts Department.
• Cooperates with Purchasing Manager in locating sources of raw food items;
2. substitute locally available for imported raw food items.
• Maintain a defined food cost as outlined by resort management.
• Initiate a comprehensive ongoing documented training program for kitchen staff
with respect daily kitchen operations & food production / Standard Operating
• Hires, trains, guides and evaluates performance of kitchen staff; shifts staff
according to skill to the various kitchen subsections.
• Comprehensive understanding of the resorts policies and procedures
Relating to – fire / emergency evacuation / health & safety / staff disciplinary
procedures / first aid / security.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned by the management.
Filitheyo Island Resort, Republic of Maldives (4* Star Hotel)
(August 2006 – February 2007)
Chef de Partie
(February 2006 to August 2006)
Ceylon Tea Trails Luxury Living Bungalow, Sri Lanka
(January 2005 to December 2005)
Club Med Kanifinolhu, Republic of Maldives
Chef de Partie/Cold Buffet Chef
(November 2000 to December 2004)
Kanifinolhu Resort, Republic of Maldives
(November 1999 to October 2000)
Sea Shells Beach Hotel – Jet Wings Hotels Ltd., Sri Lanka
(January 1997 – October 1999)
(July 1996 – January 1997)
(July 1995 – July 1996)
K. Bandaranayaka Maha Vidiyalaya
G.C.E. Ordinary Level and G.C.E. Advanced Level
3. Negombo International Hotel School
Food Safety Asia, Maldives
Medhufushi Island Resort, Maldives
Food Hygiene & HACCP Trainings
Ecolab Chemicals, Maldives
Medhufushi Island Resort, Maldives
Chemical Usage & Training
The French Culinary School in Asia
Professional Culinary Certificate
(“Culinary Art – Buffet Entrée”)
Professional Culinary Certificate (Starters)
– April 23rd
Professional Culinary Certificate (Seafood Products)
– April 25th
Alarms Pvt Limited
Club Med Kanifinolhu, Maldives
Basic Fire Safety Course
Chef Guild of Sri Lanka
Chinese Cookery Demonstration
SKILLS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Employee of the Month (August 2002) – Club Med Kanifinolhu, Maldives
Strong leadership skills
Keen and organize to details
Excellent guest relations skills
Knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel, Word, Materials Control (MC)
I am flexible and adjustable to different working environment. Can work well under pressure
and welcome teamwork. I’m a fast learner, self-motivated and self-starter. A proactive,
focused and committed professional with extensive expertise gained within the hospitality