@LotusEvangelist 3 firstname.lastname@example.org
• CEO – B2B Whisperer
• Pinball Enthusiast
• My addiction to Lotus started in 1993
• Windows Admin since NT was in Beta
• Hates using MS apps, still better than Google’s though
• Wrote IBM Redbooks, Certification Exams and this book
• Writing a tip a day, 366 days of 2020 using
#HCLAmbasadorTips on Twitter, FaceBook and LinkedIn
Admin: Keith Brooks
@LotusEvangelist 4 email@example.com
Questions, We Have Questions
What would make a difference to your daily routine?
How can you get your work done better?
What if you could be doing more with what you have in
How Do You Get More Out of What You Own?
@LotusEvangelist 6 firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes & Domino
Where would most of us be without it?
From the 1st day of working from home, we are connected…
So is everyone else, so what’s so special?
I asked myself the same question
The answer is not so simple
If O365 is your answer, come to my session tomorrow
“Shoot me NOW! The Life and Death of an O365
Admin and User”
Thursday at 9am CDT for even more differences
@LotusEvangelist 7 email@example.com
Outside Looking to Come In, and Get out
• Put HCL Domino Passthru Servers in place if you don’t
have a proper VPN
• HCL SafeLinx (Mobile Connect) if you want a VPN just
for your HCL infrastructure
• SSL, by now you should have it, but if not, get it
@LotusEvangelist 8 firstname.lastname@example.org
• On Disk Structure, latest is ODS 53 with R10,
servers and clients
• Notes clients should be upgraded to the latest
version of your release to reduce issues,
increase security and benefits
• Whatever “other” clients you use, upgrade
them always to get new features and security
@LotusEvangelist 11 email@example.com
Client Side Notes Benefits
• Remove any extra Notes ports, from clients
and servers so there is no time/processing
wasted on them
• Tweak your replication settings to get what
you need, by date, size, etc..
• Set Domino Directory Server equal to Home
Server in your location document
@LotusEvangelist 13 firstname.lastname@example.org
SHUT UP! Can’t You See I am Working Here!
• Temporarily, but if you leave it off….
– Notes - Preferences-Mail-Notifications
– Sametime – Turn off pop ups (Preferences-Notifications)
– Verse/Traveler – Turn off sound for mail notifications
– Phone – DayWise https://getdaywise.com/
@LotusEvangelist 14 email@example.com
• Configure your clients to leave you alone
• Make your Notes client more efficient
• Secure your environment
• A little RnR fun for everyone
• Upgrade and Secure everything you can
• Silence is golden, but don’t forget to turn the
devices/apps back on and check in twice a day