2. ANALYZE THE LEARNER
• I am teaching a fifth grade English class containing fifteen students total. There are eight girls and seven
boys. Five of the girls are white, two are African-American and one is Asian. There are four white boys
and three African-American. Two of the students in the class have ADHD.
3. MAIN OBJECTIVE
• My main objective is to familiarize my students with verbs, pronouns, adjectives and nouns so that
when they see or hear a word they know what it is and they will be able to become better writers. They
will watch videos, make flip books and play a board game as a class at the end of the week.
• Play a video of nouns and give a short lesson of what nouns are.
• Have them do a short worksheet after the lesson about nouns.
• The last 30-40 minutes of class they will gather materials (colored pencils, markers and colored paper)
and make a flip book about nouns.
• Play a video about pronouns and give a short lesson on what pronouns are.
• Give a verbal quiz.
• The last 30-40 minutes of class, they will gather materials together to make a flip book for pronouns.
• Play a video on adjectives.
• The students will write a short story or poem containing at least 10 adjectives. They will turn that in to
me at the end of class.
• Give a short lesson on verbs.
• Have them gather materials to make a flip book for nouns, pronouns, adjectives and verbs all together.
• Have them fill out a short worksheet that covers all material learned through the week.
• I will bring in a previously made board game and they will break into teams to play the game: boys vs.
girls. They will play the game for the entire class period. The game will have different colored squares
with different things on them like move forward two spaces, move back three spaces, draw a card, etc.
• The cards will have things like name four nouns on them. Whoever gets to the end first wins and gets 10
extra points on their next assignment.
• This is how I will evaluate them at the end of the week.
9. USE OF TECHNOLOGY
• Videos/songs about nouns, pronouns and adjectives.
• Computer and projector to put the video up on the white board so they can see it.
10. WORKS CITED PAGE
• The youtube URLs are links to the videos that I will use through the week and the pinterest URLs are for
the flip book and something that I saw that inspired me to do the boardgame.