• Vinton Gray "Vint" Cerf is an
American computer scientist,
who is recognized as one of "the
fathers of the Internet", sharing
this title with American computer
scientist Bob Kahn.
3. WHAT IS INTERNET
• The Internet is a massive public
spiderweb of computer connections. It
connects personal computers, mainframes,
cell phones, GPS units, music players,
soda pop machine, car alarms, and even
dog collars. All of these computer
connections exist for the sake of free
4. THE INTERNET IS A BIG COLLECTION OF
COMPUTERS AND CABLES
• The Internet is named for "interconnection of
computer networks". It is a massive hardware
combination of millions of personal, business,
and governmental computers, all connected like
roads and highways. The Internet started in the
1960's under the original name "ARPAnet".
ARPAnet was originally an experiment in how
the US military could maintain communications
in case of a possible nuclear strike.
• Information on almost every subject imaginable.
2) Powerful search engines
3) Ability to do research from your home versus
4) Information at various levels of study. Everything
from scholarly articles to ones directed at children.
5) Message boards where people can discuss ideas
on any topic. Ability to get wide range of opinions.
• There is a lot of wrong information on the internet. Anyone can post
anything, and much of it is garbag2) There are predators that
hangout on the internet waiting to get unsuspecting people in
3) Some people are getting addicted to the internet and thus
causing problems with their interactions of friends and loved ones.
4) Pornography that can get in the hands of young children too
5) Easy to waste a lot of time on the internet. You can start surfing,
and then realize far more time has passed than you realized.
Internet and television together of added to the more sedentary
lifestyles of people which further exacerbates
7. USES OF INTERNET:
• Internet also gives us the prospective to communicative
effectively and efficiently. For example, sending an email
costs lower than posting a letter in the mail, especially for
people who have to communicate internationally. Besides
this, an email can be sent within a minute after it is written.
For sending a mail we don't need to complete the official
procedure such as Post Office and a mail box etc. The
recipient of the email can view it at any time and from any
place, as it is a virtual means of communication, as
opposed to having a mail box where the letters get