• Evaluating an Integrated Marketing program – Evaluation process of IMC –
Message Evaluations, Advertising tracking research – copy testing –
emotional reaction test, cognitive Neuro science – online evaluation,
Behavioural Evaluation – sales and response rate, POPAI, Toll free numbers,
QR codes and facebook likes, response cards, Internet responses,
redemption rate Test Markets – competitive responses, scanner data,
• Ethics and Marketing communication – stereotyping, targeting vulnerable
customers, offensive brand messages – legal issues – Commercial free
speech, misleading claims, puffery, fraud, questionable B2B practices
• Current Trends in IMC – Internet & IMC, Advertising on internet, PR through
Internet Banner, Sales promotion on Internet, direct marketing on internet.
REASONS FOR EVALUATING IMC PROGRAM
• To find out the effectiveness of marketing programs
• Tracking brand performance
• To identify best practices of advertising
EVALUATION PROCESS OF IMC
• Development Research: estimate the likelihood that an idea will
work or not
• Concurrent Research: using test marketing monitors the way
campaign is unfolding and how media is working
• Post-testing Stage: evaluates the impact of campaign
• Diagnostic Research: deconstructs an ad to see what elements
are working or not
• Advertising messages are generally analysed at the concept
stage before an ad is produced.
• This testing involves gaining the opinion of eitherthe series of
experts or from regular people.
• The ad can be tested after the design stage is completed but
prior to development
ADVERTISING TRACKING RESEARCH
• It is a method in which a series of surveys are conducted over a
period of time among the representative sample of target-
• Continuous tracking via interviews conducted throughout the
year is recommended for major brands in FMCG categorized
that are heavily advertised.
• Copy testing is a specialized field of marketing research that
determines an advertisement's effectiveness based on
consumer responses, feedback, and behavior. Also known as
pre-testing, it might address all media channels including
television, print, radio, outdoor signage, internet, and social
EMOTIONAL REACTION TEST
• Emotional response to advertising. Emotions can transcend
cultural, linguistic, demographic, and social boundaries.
Emotions affect information processing and create
a positive attitude toward the ad, which becomes associated
with the brand.
• Marketers generally ask questions about an individual feelings
and emotions after viewing an advertisement in a laboratory
setting or a theatre test to focus groups.
• Marketers use the latest neuroscience technologies in
combination with traditional survey methods in order to
understand consumersconcious and non-conscious emotional
• It includes biometric and eye tracking research that is
• This research helps marketers to evaluate
communication,signage,display layouts,in-store experience etc
to drive customer attention and sales in stores
• The internet enables the consumers and companies to access and
share vast information with just a click of button.
• Online evaluation helps to get following results:
Sales lead generation
POINT OF PURCHASE ADVERTISING
• According to the POPOI association,the marketing –at-retail
industry includes: manufacturer-designed displays distributed
to retailers who advertise their products and create a
personality for their stores,signs and displays used by retailers
to cue their brand images and differentiate their stores from
those of competitors.
• A toll-free telephone number or free phone number is a
telephone number that is billed for all arriving calls instead of
incurring charges to the originating telephone subscriber.
• For the calling party, a call to a tll-free number from a landline
is free of charge
BENEFITS OF TOLL FREE NUMBER
QR (QUICK RESPONSE) CODES
• Quick response code is a type of two dimensional bar code that
aims to provide convenient access to information through the
• The consumers must download an app and use it to scan the
codes in order to gain more information on a company or avail
• Gaining likes was one of the main goals of facebook.
• Facebook likes are the easiest and quickest way t show
appreciation of a post or a page.
• With just one click comments from business page will start
appearing in the news feed of the users.
• The customer information forms are filled out at the time of
• Commercial sources will be needed to obtain additional
demographic and psychographic information.
• This is because more response cards solicited from current
customers contain information that the firm is likely to have in
• Test market is one of the forms of behavioral response which is
uded when the company leader examines the effects of
marketing efforts on a small scale before launching in national
or international campaign.
• If the test market is successful then it is likely that the national
campaign will also be effective.
• It is a retail purchase information such as price,brand,product
size,amount purchased gathered at the point of purchase by an
electronic device that reads a coded ticket on the product
through the use of an electronic reader over which the product
• This information can be used for a variety of marketing
decisions such as allocation of advertising dollars,placement of
advertising,inventory control,amount of shelf
space,pricing,placement of orders and timeliness of product
ETHICS AND MARKETING COMMUNICATION
• Marketing communication represents the real voice of the
company and its brands.
• It strengthens the relationship with the customers and
contributes towards customer equity.
• While shaping its promotion mix a company should br aware of
the ethical issues surrounding marketing communication.
• Stereotyping can occurs in advertisements geared toward and
• Boys are often portrayed as rough or aggressive,while girls are
portrayed as more dainty or feminine.
• Advertisements related to alcohol products often show males as
engaging in inflated pranks or actions in an effort to impress women
• Ads for products like soap, laundry detergent ,toilet tissue and child
care items depict the women as having the ultimate responsibility for
making the buying decision for these products.
TARGETING VULNERABLE CUSTOMERS
• Ethical questions arise when children are exposed to
• Eg: advertisements attracting them towards products which are
potentially harmful like alcohol and tobacco.
• Due to internet marketers can present objectionable and
misleading material to the minors without any regulation.
TYPES OF MISLEADING ADVERTISNG
• Fine print and qualification
• Comparative advertising
• Bait advertising
• Environmental claims